Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tip jars... in some odd places... would you tip for this?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Ugh I HATED being a waiter >

2 bucks nothing... we used to LIVE off the tips.

ohh ok.it must be just in ohio then. they have to be on payroll here but at crappy pay per hour

United States
    Totally untrue. They remember you, and they perk up when you repeat business, **** then they all star tto fight over you to serve you. Its people who don't tip or tip poorly who get the crap service when they come back or get the loogie.

I speak from experience.
    It can be true... we used to fight over these old guys who tipped 80 dollars regardless of service... eventually they got so pissed by the bad service they didn't tip at all the last time they came in and said it was the last time they would dine there.

People know me because of how I tip where ever I go... and then the server starts to kiss ass and wants to make conversation while all i'm trying to do is spend time with my friends... I'm not going to tip for that.

And as a server and a bartender I always gave 100% service regardless of how crappy a tipper a person was known to be. If people dont tip there has to be a reason for it and it genearlly revolves around service.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    It can be true... we used to fight over these old guys who tipped 80 dollars regardless of service... eventually they got so pissed by the bad service they didn't tip at all the last time they came in and said it was the last time they would dine there.

People know me because of how I tip where ever I go... and then the server starts to kiss ass and wants to make conversation while all i'm trying to do is spend time with my friends... I'm not going to tip for that.

And as a server and a bartender I always gave 100% service regardless of how crappy a tipper a person was known to be. If people dont tip there has to be a reason for it and it genearlly revolves around service.
    Oh i used to always give 100% service too. And those who didnt tip got substandard service the next time they returned so I could spend more time forcuing good efforts on people who did tip for good service. Usually people dont tip for 2 reasons:

1. Attitude of the server
    2. They are cheap jerkoffs.

2 tends to be the standard.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    http://www.illwillpress.com/rest.html

a fomay rant in the same vein to explain my view

'cept for the "ugly waitress.-MINUS 5 DOLLARS!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i go to the chinese buffet here in town and i ALWAYS tip. they go above adn beyond the call of duty for YOUR business. one time i was with my mom and she asked for a pepsi....they brought her a coke and she told them what she asked for. but i guess they only served coke products. yeah....the manager went and got her a pepsi out of their own personal cooler. i tipped them a five spot just for that. plus the food is always excellent

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    i go to the chinese buffet here in town and i ALWAYS tip. they go above adn beyond the call of duty for YOUR business. one time i was with my mom and she asked for a pepsi....they brought her a coke and she told them what she asked for. but i guess they only served coke products. yeah....the manager went and got her a pepsi out of their own personal cooler. i tipped them a five spot just for that. plus the food is always excellent
    I always feel bad for them. The majority of the kids who work at these chinese buffets etc tend to be modern day slaves. They get their trip to America paid for, they aren't told that its illegal and then they are stuck working for free for many of these places or else they get dropped off at INS and sent back to China, its really terrible.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    yea true. i made sure to give the chick the money in her hand so her boss wouldnt take it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I always feel bad for them. The majority of the kids who work at these chinese buffets etc tend to be modern day slaves. They get their trip to America paid for, they aren't told that its illegal and then they are stuck working for free for many of these places or else they get dropped off at INS and sent back to China, its really terrible.
    You gotta love that indentured servitude. It's not only with them either. It happens to almost all immigrants. It's like you have the power of god over them when they know all it takes is a phone call from you and they're back making fajitas in tiajuana. I get the feeling even if they knew the deal they would still jump at the chance to get out of china. You think it's hard to make a decent wage here? Try competing with 1.2 billion people for work. I'd probably be pulling a rickshaw too.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    *has a mental image of darth pulling a rickshaw with a fat chinese lady in the carriage*

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    You gotta love that indentured servitude. It's not only with them either. It happens to almost all immigrants. It's like you have the power of god over them when they know all it takes is a phone call from you and they're back making fajitas in tiajuana. I get the feeling even if they knew the deal they would still jump at the chance to get out of china. You think it's hard to make a decent wage here? Try competing with 1.2 billion people for work. I'd probably be pulling a rickshaw too.
    Oh absolutely. I spent a bit of time in China in Chengdu. The common wage for most folks there for a standard service job is 5RMB an hour.

5 RMB an hour... its absurd its like 60 cents an hour.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh absolutely. I spent a bit of time in China in Chengdu. The common wage for most folks there for a standard service job is 5RMB an hour.

5 RMB an hour... its absurd its like 60 cents an hour.
    I always say that americans are spoiled and don't appreciate their high overall standard of living. The average welfare recipient lives better than most people in third world countries. I read a study that said that if you make 20,000 a year then you are in the top 11% wealthiest people in the world catagory. People in other countries have it really rough. I always appreciate this country. We have our problems but i wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    they say we're spoiled, i say we worked to build our country from nothing in about 200 years. pretty damn impressive since china's been around THOUSANDS of years and cant get it right.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I always say that americans are spoiled and don't appreciate their high overall standard of living. The average welfare recipient lives better than most people in third world countries. I read a study that said that if you make 20,000 a year then you are in the top 11% wealthiest people in the world catagory. People in other countries have it really rough. I always appreciate this country. We have our problems but i wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
    Look at it this way, for all the whining about our poor, and our needy etc in this country we have the only country in the world where the POOR are OBESE. Where the POOR drive cars and have Heating in thier houses. Where the POOR have Color TVs.

Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    they say we're spoiled, i say we worked to build our country from nothing in about 200 years. pretty damn impressive since china's been around THOUSANDS of years and cant get it right.
    Well, you have to also count Europes history as Americas. I mean just because this country has been around only 200 some odd years, it was still built by people who came from 1000s of years of western civilization. The English, the French, the Germans, the Romans, the Greeks etc.
    Last edited by Khardis; 11-Jul-2007 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Chasing Prey

Canada
    dude, some poor people got more than me. they get breaks just cuz they're "poor". in town they can get an apartment for $50 a month, the same apartment runs me $500

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Look at it this way, for all the whining about our poor, and our needy etc in this country we have the only country in the world where the POOR are OBESE. Where the POOR drive cars and have Heating in thier houses. Where the POOR have Color TVs.
    That's exactly what i mean. These same poor are also always complaining about their situation instead of getting off their asses and bettering themselves. They don't appreciate how good they really have it compared to the rest of the worlds poor, hell middle class for that matter. You go to the averege person who recieve's public assistance home and they live better than most other countries middle class. You see people on welfare with cell phones computers, expensive sneakers. No wonder illegals want to sneak in here and reap the benefits.