Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: See cell phones kill!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A couple of years back in nyc this lady dropped her cell phone onto the subway tracks and went down after it. A train was bearing down on her at the time. Let's just say that's the last dumb thing she ever did. Nothing is worth your life. People were horrified that others just stood and watched. I say if she was dumb enough to go down there after a phone why should i risk life and limb to save her? now if it were a child or another person that fell down there that would be different.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Hey if someones that materialistic that they're jumping into sewer drains and drowning or diving down to save their phone (and odds are in neither case were the phones waterproof so real smart) they were going to die sooner or later from their own stupidity...

Its so Darwin man...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Hey if someones that materialistic that they're jumping into sewer drains and drowning or diving down to save their phone (and odds are in neither case were the phones waterproof so real smart) they were going to die sooner or later from their own stupidity...

Its so Darwin man...
    That's why insurance for your phone is essential. You wouldn't even think about it twice if that's the case. I don't understand people who would pay 3-400 dollars for a phone but not $5.99 a month for insurance.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Yeah but who's to say they were drowning for a Blackberry or an iphone... they coulda dove under for a $50 or $60 dollar one... I mean just WHO were they chatting with lol
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Darwin strikes again.

M_

United States
    Darwin didn't strike again so much as intelligence failed again... maybe the technology is against us and we just dont know it... they're digging into our brains and forcing us to kill ourselves! Everyone look out!

United States
    Darwin didn't strike again so much as intelligence failed again...

I disagree, although technically I suppose you are right. The parents didn't teach an essential survival skill, which was don't be a brainless twit and text while driving,(And by extension let someone who is driving a vehicle you are in get away with doing that) and therefore lost part or all of their genetic legacy, their daughters.

M_

United States
    And dont forget the ones who didn't wear seatbelts! Having had a friend die during Christmas after not wearing a seatbelt and plowing right over the seat in front of him and out through the windsheild I know the importance of one.

A personal thanks for making me feel a little less calous about what happened...

United States
    A personal thanks for making me feel a little less calous about what happened...
    Thanks for not just calling me a cold hearted ..... nevermind LOL

You wern't calous, it's a great tragedy that was caused, like many are, from an overabundance of stoopid.

M_

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed

switch them off whilst driving.missing a call isnt going to kill you.
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    switch them off whilst driving.missing a call isnt going to kill you.
    This illustrates just how dependant people have become on technology. It's like a crack pipe. They put it down and it inexplicably jumps back in their hands.