Thread: Where is Bub?!

Undisclosed

Where is Bub?!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489018/fullcredits#cast

Okay, yes I have been living under a rock and have only managed to read a couple of snipits about the new Day in Fangoria. So I start looking around to see what sort of blasphemy is actually occurring and find Ving Rhames is Captain Rhodes. I had to stop for a moment and regain my composure as well as swallow the bits of lunch I'd begun to choke on. Then I looked through this cast list and couldn't find Bub.

WHERE IS BUB?! He was one of the best characters in the original. He all but kept certain elements of the story alive. (Yeah, zombie/alive I get it.)

Now I'm sure I'm being a little hard on these folks as they've only half assed a movie thus far but we saw an evolution in the original Night/Dawn/Day of the Dead Movies. The struggle of those few surviving souls, the growth of the undead from mindless automatons to creatures of habit and subnormal intelligence. It was brilliantly written, filmed and acted.

If I've just over looked Bub then please, by all means let me know so I can go back to sitting quietly under my rock again until this polished turd of a film comes out.

And does anyone know where I can find the trailer for the remake. I've only read and seen a handful of things about this and I want to inform myself a little better just to make sure I'm not being overly critical of the film.
    If you're not offended, I'm not doing my job.

Undisclosed
    Take a deep breath.

Bub is this little wanker - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1197466/

In the movie he starts off alive, gets bitten and then turns. When he does turn into a zombie they don't blow his head off because he isn't hostile towards the survivors. The reasoning for this is because in his previous life he was a vegetarian.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessian View Post
    In the movie he starts off alive, gets bitten and then turns. When he does turn into a zombie they don't blow his head off because he isn't hostile towards the survivors. The reasoning for this is because in his previous life he was a vegetarian.
    He even goes on to help the survivors in battle, so I hear.

United States
    This "remake" of Day of the Dead is another example of why I hate people making new movies using the name of older, established movies. Dawn04 was in my mind a good movie, yet should have been named differently. I mean, could someone make a good film about a group of Mexican immigrants coming to America to make a better life for themselves? Yes. If it was named "Mario Puzio's The Godfather"? Blasphomy.

Canada
    It's just sickening.
    I agree with Phily.
    When I read about the "New" Bub,
    or whatever the hell he's called now,
    I threw whatever desire to see this
    remake right out the window.
    Along with all other hopes that
    remakes will ever be good.

capncnut
    I wanna hate Day 07, but the fact that the zombs drive cars and run on the ceiling (not to mention explode when set on fire ) might make it a funnier zombie comedy than Shaun of the Dead.

Undisclosed
    The fact that the people behind this remake weren't even bright enough to realize that his name was "Bub", not "Bud" should say alot about the filmmakers, & how much they really care about the original, & staying even a bit faithful to it. It just goes to show that they only used the title for recognition.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    actually i think they thought that when people heard bud not bub they would think they were all inspired and witty

yeah i think there screwed too.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    actually i think they thought that when people heard bud not bub they would think they were all inspired and witty
    Maybe his name is actually "Kenny", like the kid on the Cosby show.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Hessian View Post
    Take a deep breath.

Bub is this little wanker - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1197466/

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *takes deep breath* LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    He doesn't even look like he shaves yet. Is there even a such thing as a vegetarian zombie? Isn't that like an oxy moron?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"