Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 5 - Tell me this isn't game footage!!!

Administrator

England

Gran Turismo 5 - Tell me this isn't game footage!!!

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Nope, that's definitely not in-game footage. It's just a movie.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thats not bad, its no crisis but still not bad, though i aint really into racing games ,the only one i enjoy is burnout and thats probabyl cus its got **** explodin' in it.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Phew! I thought I might have to get a PS3 there for a min!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    That, to me, looks like a combination of real life, in-game footage and pre-rendered CGI...

Some aspects looked like a videogame, others didn't at all, and others looked CGI.

Now, the trailer for PGR4, now that looks ruddy brilliant, the car models and the rain sliding off them - lovely jubbly!

Of course, keep in mind that Sony haven't had the greatest track record when it comes to game trailers for the PS3...remember the Killzone 2 debacle?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hell ,remember the first killzone in general?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    hell ,remember the first killzone in general?
    No, I never played it.

The visual scheme of things, I dug, but I never played it but all I've heard is that it's all rather lame, no Halo beater...and therefore no GOW beater either!

England
    Having played the demo of Gran turismo HD concept on my mates PS3,i can assure you that they are indeed in game graphics!im not a racing game fan but the graphics seriously impressed me!if you ever played gran turismo 3 when that was released on the PS2 it also had jaws on the floor for the same reasons!

Administrator

England
    So we have some people saying it is game footage, and other saying not... Who knows what they're talking about?
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Well i have played the HD concept demo,& it is as good looking as that video you posted without a doubt,amazing graphics!however you still cant bend the cars up & its still as boring as the others were,so on the gameplay front its nothing to shout about unless you enjoyed the previous games!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Well i have played the HD concept demo,& it is as good looking as that video you posted without a doubt,amazing graphics!however you still cant bend the cars up & its still as boring as the others were,so on the gameplay front its nothing to shout about unless you enjoyed the previous games!
    Well on the visual front... WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Visually stunning yes, but if it's no fun - what's the point?

Now...gimme PGR4 (out of the racers coming I mean, PGR3 still rocks my cock) ... the video of rain hitting, puddling and running off the shiny-ass bodies of an array of "sporty motahz" left me drooling.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So we have some people saying it is game footage, and other saying not... Who knows what they're talking about?
    I have no idea Neil, anyone with a pair of eyes can see that it's an intro movie. Okay, there might be some replay footage thrown in here but at the end of the day, it's a trailer. If it was a 'gameplay' trailer, it would say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    however you still cant bend the cars up & its still as boring as the others were, so on the gameplay front its nothing to shout about unless you enjoyed the previous games!
    In other words, it's not as good as Forza 2.
    Last edited by capncnut; 19-Jul-2007 at 04:05 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Of course, keep in mind that Sony haven't had the greatest track record when it comes to game trailers for the PS3...remember the Killzone 2 debacle?
    Remember a few short months ago when Sony had up the pictures from Project Gotham 3 in an advertisement for the GTHD promo.

So yeah, that video looks really impressive, but I was never into the Gran Turismo series, they always look fantastic, but I don't like how they play out. I prefer the Project Gotham series, it's just more fun for me.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Administrator

England
    I have no idea Neil, anyone with a pair of eyes can see that it's an intro movie. Okay, there might be some replay footage thrown in here but at the end of the day, it's a trailer. If it was a 'gameplay' trailer, it would say so.

In other words, it's not as good as Forza 2.

How do you know it's not all game footage (as has been suggested)?
    -Carl Sagan