Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: one's in jail?

Undisclosed

Question one's in jail?

What do you suppose happened to that poor bastard Peter's brother who is in jail or for anybody doing time during the zombie plaque?

Their probably the safest....until they die of starvation!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    What do you suppose happened to that poor bastard Peter's brother who is in jail or for anybody doing time during the zombie plaque?

Their probably the safest....until they die of starvation!

Well, a jail is definitely ideally suited and fortified for a situation like that. At a maximum security prison no one is geting in or out of there that you don't want to. At a medium or minimum security prison they'd be toast because of the lack of walls. A max on the other hand is built like a fort. I think that supplies would definitely be a problem after a while but that would seem to be the case with any place you try to hold up in.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    He said his brother is a pro ball player. I often wondered which kind he meant? Football, baseball, basketball? I lean towards Basketball.
    "We Got this man, we got this by the ass!"

United States
    If I was a guard at a super max i'd totally kill every inmate in the prison... more supplies for me and my fellow guards... not to mention of course we'd bring our families to come live it out there in 'safety' ...

But I should imagine that peters bro was abandoned at the jail and forced to kill himself and then just came back z-style yo
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildogger View Post
    He said his brother is a pro ball player. I often wondered which kind he meant? Football, baseball, basketball? I lean towards Basketball.
    I also think he was a basketball player. No one calls football players ballplayers.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Probably died in jail, who's to say the guards won't be attacked and then
    turned in zombies and feast on the prisoners, once one of the zombies
    has a memory flash and manages to open the cells.

You know, when Peter said pro ball player, I pictured baseball.
    Everyone sees it different.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    If I was a guard at a super max i'd totally kill every inmate in the prison... more supplies for me and my fellow guards... not to mention of course we'd bring our families to come live it out there in 'safety' ...
    In a zombie crisis, I think I would have to kill MissJacksonCA right off the bat. All of her responses seem to have her killing anyone and everyone to satisfy her own selfish needs. No co-operation with others. She is a good example of one of the main points that GAR was trying to make, that people are not capable of co-operation, and that the living would be more dangerous than the dead in the situation. If I were a guard, as supplies went low and I had to leave to look for more, I would toss the keys to an inmate and let him let everyone out. I would not want to be responsible for all their starving to death. At that point, survival of the human race would be more important than punishment for previous crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I also think he was a basketball player. No one calls football players ballplayers.
    I agree that no one calls football players "ballpalyers". I assumed he meant basketball. I always thought it was funny that as a guy who gets credit for dispelling racial stereotypes that GAR had the blask characters brothers be the stereotypical "black guys" at the time, one a pro ball player the other in jail. I guess there is no way they could have been a doctor, a businessman, etc.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    In a zombie crisis, I think I would have to kill MissJacksonCA right off the bat. All of her responses seem to have her killing anyone and everyone to satisfy her own selfish needs. No co-operation with others. She is a good example of one of the main points that GAR was trying to make, that people are not capable of co-operation, and that the living would be more dangerous than the dead in the situation. If I were a guard, as supplies went low and I had to leave to look for more, I would toss the keys to an inmate and let him let everyone out. I would not want to be responsible for all their starving to death. At that point, survival of the human race would be more important than punishment for previous crimes.

I agree that no one calls football players "ballpalyers". I assumed he meant basketball. I always thought it was funny that as a guy who gets credit for dispelling racial stereotypes that GAR had the blask characters brothers be the stereotypical "black guys" at the time, one a pro ball player the other in jail. I guess there is no way they could have been a doctor, a businessman, etc.
    Damn dude, i swear i was thinking the same thing about her, but i had family over so i couldn't post. Great minds.

As for the black stereotypes: Remember, this is about only 10 years after blacks were being hosed down and having german shepards bite them. I think that in those days opportunities for minorities in disciplines such as medicine and law were severely limited and many thought that athletics and entertainment were viable alternatives to making a better life for themselves.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Damn dude, i swear i was thinking the same thing about her, but i had family over so i couldn't post. Great minds.

As for the black stereotypes: Remember, this is about only 10 years after blacks were being hosed down and having german shepards bite them. I think that in those days opportunities for minorities in disciplines such as medicine and law were severely limited and many thought that athletics and entertainment were viable alternatives to making a better life for themselves.
    Good points!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    WTF? You'd kill all of the inmates instead of letting them live to help you? Just continue to keep the murderers and rapists locked up and have the rest roam free and help protect the place.

You'd be willing to take the lives of people that were wrongfully prosecuted and imprisoned for no reason just so you could eat more (which the food would probably go bad before you ate nearly all of it)? What about the people jailed for stuff like hacking computers, shoplifting, etc? People that are otherwise good people but just did something stupid that constitutes a sentence.

I'm kind of glad I wouldn't be near you in times of crisis.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    One would have to weigh the pros and cons of keeping some in mates around to help vs expelling them from the jail. What kind of person would summarily start executing people? If you don't want them around just let them go free and fend for themselves. There's no reason to just kill them. Shows where some people's heads are at. ISSUES!!

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    WTF? You'd kill all of the inmates instead of letting them live to help you? Just continue to keep the murderers and rapists locked up and have the rest roam free and help protect the place.

You'd be willing to take the lives of people that were wrongfully prosecuted and imprisoned for no reason just so you could eat more (which the food would probably go bad before you ate nearly all of it)? What about the people jailed for stuff like hacking computers, shoplifting, etc? People that are otherwise good people but just did something stupid that constitutes a sentence.

Wow, brother, you have been in the northeast too long! I'm glad I left. Who the hell is saying everyone in jail is wrongfully imprisoned? Absolutely impossible. You have obviously been protesting too long for that former Black Panther Mumia Abu-Jamal (cop killer).

You think it'd be a scenario out of Precinct 13 where the cops and criminals would all work together in harmony? You should crawl out of your cushioned shell once in a while to see what the real world is like. I worked law enforcement for a few years; there are a lot of people who have a hatred for the law, whether it’s a cop, prison guard, government agent, etc. You think letting them out of jail cell in the midst of a crisis will change all of their attitudes?

Maybe you'd turn your back on a convicted ("wrongly accused") murderer, child rapist, crack head, cannibal or god knows who else you'd chose to free and arm....but not me. I'd sooner shoot you outright or put you in a cage with these fine individuals so that they will have some entertainment to keep them quiet until they starve to death.
    Last edited by jim102016; 22-Jul-2007 at 05:11 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Once again my faith in law enforcement is restored.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post

Y'guys... note that I said SuperMax prison... not min. security... not juvenile det'n hall... SUPERMAX...

I just assume that if they're in a supermax they're the worst of the worst. They're the guys from Con Air you wouldn't want any where near you. Not to mention if i'm a female and in a SM prison i'd be a supreme target for any man locked up for any amount of time. So forgive me... I'm not that into rape... I'd kill them ...annnnnd I really dont think there's a lot of wrongfully convicted men in supermax prisons... not that i've ever known anyone in one but with todays advancements in technology its a lot easier to get actual evidence against people and I dont often buy conspiracy theories like during the OJ Simpson case when he said they purposefully planted evidence.

And as for people in prison for stealing, and dealing drugs... if someone steals they're likely to steal from you and betray you... and drug dealers have no respect for life why should they get to have one...

I do believe that when **** hits the fan and zombies begin to spread that if you released prisons from such a SM prison they wouldn't suddenly band together to thwart the impending invasion. They have no sense of right or wrong or they wouldn't have broken the law.

What's noteable... is this is if I was in a SM prison... if I was home i'd make it to my boat and sail off to Palmyra to re-establish civilized life...and once settling myself and any fellow survivors i'd group up and return home with anyone willing to kick ass and take names of zombies... you can read about that if y'like in a previous post of mine. But suffer no delusions... no one will come between me and survival except for children perhaps.

Mind the gap y'all. That gap being the differenc between what is and what you'd like it to be. People right now are generally selfish and corrupt... during a zombie outbreak they would be even worse. There's not a lot of genuinely nice people out there from what i've known and seen. I know two genuinely nice people out of thousands of people i've known over my short life. Maybe you guys are. But maybe you aren't. But i'm not going to assume that during bad times people will band together to help each other because frankly... when do they ever? Rarely at best. You seldom see people offering rides to people walking away from a city that's under evacuation. You seldom see people stop to risk their lives to help out someone being trampled during a human stampede. And i've never seen a person run into a burning building without being a fireman to save a person. People just aren't that nice. And during a zombie attack people will be the same as they are now if not worse. Worse because there will only be so long until all food and water runs out. Only so long until electronic supplies are gone. Only so long til your ammo is low. And only so long will you be protected from zombies.

And Philly you'd be wise to kill me .. you too Darth... because unless I need you for something or I really like you ... you're dunfor... I'd be the Selena from 28 Days Later... my life is worth more than yours to me... so heaven help ya... because odds are I wont... most people dont pass muster with me
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I know i was right. My instincts about people are never wrong. People band together because of one thing, it benefits them. In a case of emeregency you would need other people to do certain things that you couldn't do alone. It's been that way since the beginning of civilization. We work together because we get something out of it ultimately. It's as simple as that. We ceratinly don't do it out of the godness of our hearts.