Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picture display on HPOTD

United States

Picture display on HPOTD

Am I the only one who is not seeing the the icons in the threads on this board? I forget what they even are now, but on the top of a thread where it shows the thread tree, the little pics to the left of the posts are not showing. Everything else on the site is, as well as any other website I visit. When I click on the broken pic icon and hit "show picture", it still doesnt show it. I think it is supposed to be a little arrow or something.

Does this even make sense?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Am I the only one who is not seeing the the icons in the threads on this board? I forget what they even are now, but on the top of a thread where it shows the thread tree, the little pics to the left of the posts are not showing. Everything else on the site is, as well as any other website I visit. When I click on the broken pic icon and hit "show picture", it still doesnt show it. I think it is supposed to be a little arrow or something.

Does this even make sense?
    Everything appears OK to me...

Post a direct link to a page having the problem, along with the forum style (colour) you are using...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Everything appears OK to me...

Post a direct link to a page having the problem, along with the forum style (colour) you are using...
    Every page I am having the same problem. Look no further than this link. Above these posts, in the thread tree, next to our names where I think there is usually an arrow, I just see ...."the box with a red X in it" that means there is a broken link or unavailble picture. I usually see this on a website where the html code says to display a picture, but is either typed in wrong or the picture isnt in the folder it is supposed to be in, or has been removed from the server, but the article remains. I am using the green color scheme.

Administrator

England
    Tis fine for me... Even changed to your 'Green' style...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Weird then......

Administrator

England
    Ive checked each style, all of which are working for me.

Has this problem been ongoing or just for the last day or so, since the upgrade?

A few things i would suggest are try hard-refreshing the page (shift+F5 on your keyboard), try right clicking on the X and clicking "Show Image" from the menu, try emptying out your tempory internet files and cookies or try viewing the forums with an alternative browser.. for example firefox or opera.

These fixes will eliminate possible causes of this issue, please do get back and let me know if it continues.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Ive checked each style, all of which are working for me.

Has this problem been ongoing or just for the last day or so, since the upgrade?

A few things i would suggest are try hard-refreshing the page (shift+F5 on your keyboard), try right clicking on the X and clicking "Show Image" from the menu, try emptying out your tempory internet files and cookies or try viewing the forums with an alternative browser.. for example firefox or opera.

These fixes will eliminate possible causes of this issue, please do get back and let me know if it continues.
    Just the last day or so. I didnt know there was an upgrade.

Clicking on the x and hitting show image does not solve the problem. Maybe you could post a direct link to the image file, to see if I can see that? Perhaps that might even solve the problem.

Dont know if this is realted or not, but I just noticed that the [glow] tag is not working anymore, at least from my display.
    Last edited by Philly_SWAT; 25-Jul-2007 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Administrator

England
    Philly, is this problem still ongoing?

There is another update available already which i will be doing in the next couple of days, hopefullly should fix some of the recent problems.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Philly, is this problem still ongoing?

There is another update available already which i will be doing in the next couple of days, hopefullly should fix some of the recent problems.
    Can't see how VBB has anything to do with this!? At the end of the day the HTML page is rendered and has completely standard HTML code to specify what/where the image is?

Philly, do you know any HTML at all? Would be worth seeing what one of the broken images is pointing to for you?
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Can't see how VBB has anything to do with this!? At the end of the day the HTML page is rendered and has completely standard HTML code to specify what/where the image is?

Philly, do you know any HTML at all? Would be worth seeing what one of the broken images is pointing to for you?
    vBulletin uses templates to render the HTML for all its pages and the template system was completely changed and revamped in the last upgrade, since philly has said this has only been happening since the upgrade last week im thinking its causing some kind of conflict with his browser or system

I'll upgrade us to 3.6.8 when i get time to this week, which i know is supposed to fix a couple of display bugs on certain systems, so we'll see if that helps at all.. if not then we'll have to look at other solutions.

Administrator

England
    Philly - Can you see this image?

This is one of the images used in the top nav bar that I believe you say you can't see?
    -Carl Sagan

United States

Yes I do know some html. Could you provide me a link to the image file I am talking about?

Philly - Can you see this image?

This is one of the images used in the top nav bar that I believe you say you can't see?
    Yes I can see that image, but I still do not see the images up top. Today I just bought a brand new computer, and even now I still do not see the images up top.

Administrator

England
    Yes I can see that image, but I still do not see the images up top. Today I just bought a brand new computer, and even now I still do not see the images up top.
    Can you email me a screen shot showing me the missing image so we know we're talking about the same thing..?
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Can you email me a screen shot showing me the missing image so we know we're talking about the same thing..?
    I would be glad to! However, when I try, I get this message:

Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.

Administrator

England
    I would be glad to! However, when I try, I get this message:

Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.
    Try now
    -Carl Sagan