Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MS Price Drops Xbox 360... HD-DVD Player.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i also agree with mo, adn ill throw in a bitch about regular car speakers being better than lame ass subs for good measure.
    lol, hell yeah, car stereos (at least on cars that aren't old-ass mono-speakered bangers) are great for music, I mean heck, the speakers in my Mum's car (which I'm insured on to drive as I can't afford my own wheels) are pretty darn good, and that's without any modifications or retarded "thump thump" subs like you hear thundering down the roads at night because the Sixth Formers are out for the night.

So yeah, you get good audio out of a car, better than a normal hi-fi...which is kinda odd...perhaps it's the 'surround sound' experience? Hmmm...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    so what? your trying to justify spending an extra 400 bucks on a tv just cause the pictrue looks purdier? My tv is 22 inches. It has a screen, and teh screen shows nice pictures. what do I (and the average consumer for that matter) care about a 16x9 aspect ratio and increased resolution? My tv is fine, the picture is fine, it plays games fine, and it looks fine.
    Sure, it looks fine, but it could look outstanding. Reading the text in Dead Rising is an absolute pain in standard definition. Its little nuances like that which made me make the jump to HD. I have a 30'' CRT 16x9, and it only cost me $600. I agree with LCD and DLP models, pretty much anything thats flat panel, costs way too much at the moment. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that going HD doesn't cost an arm and a leg if you look in the right places.

Regardless, if you want to immerse yourself in your media, you'd be better off paying for a 5.1 sound system rather than an HD set.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDNA View Post
    Everyone I know has an HD TV (except older people)...they are already cheap here, you can get a decent HD TV for $1000.
    Actually, I used to(in Sweden, not in the US) work at an elderly home and you'd be surprised at how many of the old ladies have flat-screen HD televisions!

I don't, however...
    Last edited by EvilNed; 31-Jul-2007 at 10:44 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    so let me guess, you stole one off a biddie that dropped the bucket?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Hah. I wish. I still don't have one, as I said, but I sure as hell wish I did. HD technology isn't that big around here, to tell the truth. Not yet, anyways. You can hardly find Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs for one. I guess those crazy japanese companies are waiting until there's a clear winner in the US market before they start exporting their stuff here.

Of course, you CAN find HD-technology here. But it's just not as common in stores as some of you make it out to be in the US (haven't been there in a year or two). Sweden is more focused on broadboad and telephone technology. There's more cell-phone subscriptions in Sweden than there are people.