Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Continuity Of Dawn '04 Characters

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    But as somebody else pointed out ... I don't think the director was even thinking in that direction.

Unfortunately, that's a far too common occurance in cinema today.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    snyder used common sense. blood doesnt carry airborne viruses. if that was the case,they ALL would have been turned withing 5 minutes of being in that mall.

Undisclosed
    I did notice that as well, but just chalked it up to maybe a rewritten scene. On a different note, something similar happened in the original when roger gets sprayed in the face by zombie blood while he is in the truck trying to hot wire it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    it's a good thing that it wasn't 28 days later blood. That was instant infection right there.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    You know, I always thought that shot of her washing her hands in the fountain seemed out of place. I never liked it. Like something was supposed to happen...then just didn't...

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by sgrosse View Post
    I did notice that as well, but just chalked it up to maybe a rewritten scene. On a different note, something similar happened in the original when roger gets sprayed in the face by zombie blood while he is in the truck trying to hot wire it.

i guess it has to be through an open wound like aids or anything else which makes sense

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    snyder used common sense. blood doesnt carry airborne viruses. if that was the case,they ALL would have been turned withing 5 minutes of being in that mall.
    Snyder uses common sense like I use toilet paper.

Sorry, not slight meant on you, brother, I just had to say that!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Snyder uses common sense like I use toilet paper.

Sorry, not slight meant on you, brother, I just had to say that!

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    You know, I always thought that shot of her washing her hands in the fountain seemed out of place. I never liked it. Like something was supposed to happen...then just didn't...

Zack has a fascination with hands in water. See 300 when the Queen waves her ahnd in the water fountain just before meeting Theron whenhe brings her child to him.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    I recall thinking something sinister was going on with the water based on how they filmed it. I've thought that each time I watched it. I wondered if they meant to do something with that and then decided against it. My guess is they were simply throwing a red herring out there to make us feel uneasy.

I believe that Dawn '04 started Day 1, probably in the first few hours of the outbreak. Look at the situation in the hospital. They didn't appear to be on any kind of heightened alert status, nor was there any indication that they were even peripherally aware that a situation was unfolding. That doesn't make any sense if the outbreak was days old. At the first sign of a nationwide outbreak of violence and traumatic injury the hospitals would've been alerted and the current staff on duty would've been asked to remain through the next shift. I believe that would've happened in the first few hours and I believe we were seeing the first evidence of it as Sarah was leaving the hospital.

Add to that the fact that Sarah left the hospital and made it home seemingly unaware of any potential danger. She acted like nothing she'd seen or heard in the past 12 hours was any bit out of the ordinary.

I think the fact that the neighborhood remained unaware throughout the night adds to the evidence that the events began within the previous 12 hours prior to daybreak. The suburbs wouldn't have been the first places overrun. The people all went to sleep not believing anything was amiss. By morning it had spread to the suburbs, all hell was breaking loose, and the neighborhood was waking to a nightmare.