Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NOTLD 3D is out there...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If it does, and you buy it, you are wasting your money. 3D or no 3D it is still crap.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    why dont they do films were some scenes, for example like the trench scene from star wars in 3-d but bits of just characters talking in regular type?
    now that would be bitchin.

.....*writes down idea on his "if i ever make it" list*...

Canada
    Sounds like these will sell better
    as costers than DVD's,
    maybe frisbees too.
    I don't know why Hollywood feels
    they need to remake so many classics,
    guess just a way of bleeding money
    from the name.

United States

Spoilers:

It isn't Hollywood remaking them, but an independent studio, etc.

Anyway, I just watched it and I have mixed feelings regarding it.

It started out great, especially how they show the road from the original NOTLD and the camera pulls back to show it is on the television.

Then it started to get kind of lame after 'Barb' hiked like 20 miles into the wilderness and got that text from her brother.

Most of the zombies were pretty lame, but there were a couple that were decent. The SFX of the zombie getting shot as he tried to come into the window was fake as hell.

Some $hit didn't jive too well:

01) Ben as a white dude, on a motorcycle.

02) Harry, sorry, Henry Cooper as a hippy farmer dope grower.

03) Karen Cooper as a mixed teenage girl.

04) Barbara as 'Barb'.

05) Johnny, her dead brother, texting her.

06) People dying and not knowing they are dead, a la Return of the Living Dead.

07) Why didn't all of the corpses in the crematorian revive? Those bodies lying on the slabs/tables??

08) Judy and Tom dying around the truck, but no big boom... I was actually thinking that somehow some gasoline would be involved and Judy would have been caught in the middle of it as the truck blew up... guess not.

09) Tover Sr. gumming his son? WTF!??

But, it did have some redeming features and it didn't matter that it had the same title. Regardless, you still have the original and the 1990 remake if you liked it, which it was 100 times better than this one.

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

Undisclosed
    I saw it a while back, to me the film was ok, not as horrible as most are saying, it's just an indie's attempt to make out on another of Georges films and coming up waaaayyy short...
    The variations in the story didnt bother me that much, it's just someone else taking a shot at it... not incredibly bad, not super fantastic either... just another zombie film ......
    designs-n-creations.com

Sometimes dead is better....

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCentral View Post
    I saw it a while back, to me the film was ok, not as horrible as most are saying, it's just an indie's attempt to make out on another of Georges films and coming up waaaayyy short...
    The variations in the story didnt bother me that much, it's just someone else taking a shot at it... not incredibly bad, not super fantastic either... just another zombie film ......
    I think that way when it comes to independent horror flicks. It's obvious the guy wasn't out to conquer the world and the movie looks appealing enough to me. Just a harmless piece of fun...

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I think that way when it comes to independent horror flicks. It's obvious the guy wasn't out to conquer the world and the movie looks appealing enough to me. Just a harmless piece of fun...
    Thank you! Too many Romero loyalists spouting off about how it is a disgrace to the original. I say, if you went in looking for a comparison, don't bother watching it in the first place. Harmless fun it is.

United States
    i've actually been wanting to see this for a while...not too sure about the whole "coming 4 u barb" text message, but if that's the worst part (and that's about as fu(ked up as a football-bat), i think it'll be worth viewing at least once...doubt i'll pick up the dvd for my collection, though.

capncnut
    I've actually heard it's very enjoyable so I'm naturally dying to see it. Seems highly doubtful that it will be released in the UK. Loved the trailer though, pure Halloween spirit.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    aye thats true, least reather than try to "reinvision" the story like some filmmakers they just took the basic idea and made there own movie, still not expecting much (if only for the friggin text thang') but i may chekc it out.

...if it comes with a pair of 3-d glasses.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Thank you! Too many Romero loyalists spouting off about how it is a disgrace to the original. I say, if you went in looking for a comparison, don't bother watching it in the first place. Harmless fun it is.
    Indeed, the hate I have seen for this film is completely unwarranted.
    Last edited by capncnut; 12-Oct-2007 at 07:35 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    a lot of people were the same with the '07 remake made by livingdeadboy too without seeing it. im of the mind that you enjoy something for what it is. just dont see it. or see it, dont like it and THEN bitch.
    Last edited by Danny; 12-Oct-2007 at 07:43 AM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    a lot of people were the same with the '07 remake made by livingdeadboy too without seeing it. im of the mind that you enjoy something for what it is, just dont see it or se, dont like and then bitch.
    The truth, read it folks!

United States
    aye thats true, least reather than try to "reinvision" the story like some filmmakers they just took the basic idea and made there own movie, still not expecting much (if only for the friggin text thang') but i may chekc it out.

...if it comes with a pair of 3-d glasses.
    i saw the dvd on amazon or ebay earlier, and i'm pretty sure that one option is the dvd plus FOUR sets of 3-d glasses.

United States
    a lot of people were the same with the '07 remake made by livingdeadboy too without seeing it. im of the mind that you enjoy something for what it is. just dont see it. or see it, dont like it and THEN bitch.
    soooooo very true hellsing!!! I want to see Night 3D it looks like a good watch and I have thought since I saw the first trailer. I wont put someones work down cause its their work and frankly if ya dont like it, go out and do something better is my way of thinking.
    I will look at a zomb movie and think I dont care for it then in chat we will be talking about it, I wont say I dont like it and someone will point someting in the plot or something behind the scenes and it will give me a whole new interest in it. So, for me, that is a valuable lesson watch, listen and learn!