Thread: What universe do these people live in?

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States

What universe do these people live in?

Why should a woman need a note from a man for this?

http://consumerist.com/consumer/priv...ion-285381.php

I'm glad I don't live in Ohio.

M_

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Its just another battle between those who believe woman should be allowed to practice infanticide and those who believe they shouldn't. It doesn't matter how the fights are fought, the ends are the same. This is unlikely to pass by the way.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Why should a woman need a note from a man for this?

http://consumerist.com/consumer/priv...ion-285381.php

I'm glad I don't live in Ohio.

M_
    I do....and it indeed sucks.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    has nothin to do with ohio. they put weird stuff into legislation all the time and it NEVER passes. like tryin to tax home owners to fund public schools.

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Its just another battle between those who believe woman should be allowed to practice infanticide and those who believe they shouldn't. It doesn't matter how the fights are fought, the ends are the same. This is unlikely to pass by the way.
    Actually, if a woman was married I'd expect her to inform her Husband, it IS a medical procedure. And marrage IS a partnership. If I were married and my guy got a vasectomy I'd expect to be told. It's the requirement that she track down the Daddy and get a note if she's single that rankles me. He's not invested anything, he was just getting a bit of slap and tickle. If I lived in Ohio I'd make it my personal business to work against the guy who submitted this in his reelection.

And the fact that it's unlikely to pass is a sign that we've evolved past women as property.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What about rape or incest? A woman seeking an abortion would have to provide "reasonable cause" for the doctor to believe the rape of incest occurred, which, in our estimation, would probably mean police reports and charges filed.
    Yuck.

Banned User

United States
    I can see where they are trying to go with this. They are wanting to give men some kind of rights to their unborn child but wow is this way off base. No I don't think this will ever pass. Not without massive revisions at least.

like tryin to tax home owners to fund public schools.
    Ace I know nothing about Ohio but they do that here. They tax for the schools, the roads, the library, and all kinds of crap. (City and county.) It sucks but what do you do.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    has nothin to do with ohio. they put weird stuff into legislation all the time and it NEVER passes. like tryin to tax home owners to fund public schools.
    Schools in the non city parts of NY are paid for almost exclusively by property taxes. That accounts for the great variety of quality. If you have a big industrial area, even if your neighbor hood has low property values, you may get decent schools. But no industry and low values you are in trouble.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Frickin ohio man. Thats so riddick. I'd let a man know if I had an abortion if and only if he asked me if I'm on birth control and brought a condom that he used whether or not I'm on birth control. Just another way a man wants to control what he thinks is his. We need more women researchers who can make it so men have babies. Maybe then they'd have some effing respect and use protection.

Having lived in Ohio I wouldn't be one bit suprised it if did pass muster. It would most def pass here in SC. Since no one here uses birth control at all and they refuse to teach anything but abstain only sex ed.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Since no one here uses birth control at all and they refuse to teach anything but abstain only sex ed.
    Now THAT'S disgusting, it's like saying, "Well, if we don't teach them about the proper ways of birth control, they won't have sex"

People like that make me sick. This whole anti-abortion thing is just ridiculous, "pro-life" what the hell is "pro-life", it's a choice no matter how you look at it: It's your choice. This image sums it up extremely well.

I love how most pro-lifers are pro war and pro death penalty, that's something that gets me every time.

/rant mode off

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

United States
    Interesting topic

but i wonder..

how many of you females had to have an abortion?
    how many of you guys had to have your child aborted?

its all very good to sit on the sidelines
    and spout off religious or legal positions

but how many of you have gone to an abortion clinic
    and had a pregnancy terminated?

how many of you have gone from the debate of it to
    the reality of it?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Actually, if a woman was married I'd expect her to inform her Husband, it IS a medical procedure. And marrage IS a partnership. If I were married and my guy got a vasectomy I'd expect to be told. It's the requirement that she track down the Daddy and get a note if she's single that rankles me. He's not invested anything, he was just getting a bit of slap and tickle. If I lived in Ohio I'd make it my personal business to work against the guy who submitted this in his reelection.

And the fact that it's unlikely to pass is a sign that we've evolved past women as property.
    I agree with what you have said. However, the final decision is ultimately the woman's decision and not the man's and the man -- while maybe deserving to be told -- shouldn't be the one to make the decision about whether or not the woman should or shouldn't keep the baby to term.

Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    Interesting topic

but i wonder..

how many of you females had to have an abortion?
    how many of you guys had to have your child aborted?

its all very good to sit on the sidelines
    and spout off religious or legal positions

but how many of you have gone to an abortion clinic
    and had a pregnancy terminated?

how many of you have gone from the debate of it to
    the reality of it?

I do hear what you are saying, but revealing that on this sort of forum is bound to cross over into revealing personal information that, at the core, is no one else's business.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 09-Aug-2007 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    Schools in the non city parts of NY are paid for almost exclusively by property taxes. That accounts for the great variety of quality. If you have a big industrial area, even if your neighbor hood has low property values, you may get decent schools. But no industry and low values you are in trouble.
    yea but they keep building schools here and the kids are DUMBSHATS!!!! new buildings arent gonna make em learn any better

United States
    I had to have an abortion after an unwanted sexual encounter when I was in 9th grade... needless to say it was the most horrible experience ever but more so because my family wouldn't talk about it. My dad sent me to a therapist to talk it over with someone else and I was forbidden from saying anything about it for fear it would shame me and/or my family. What's worse was I wasn't even allowed to bring charges on the person who did it because it would have been to embarassing for my family. It was the single worst experience of my life that I wouldn't tell a single person I know to this day because frankly its embarassing and painful still. It wasn't like the abortion was even my choice (not that I would have kept it had it been) but some times its the right decision.

I dont want children right now and I go to extreme measures to actually make sure I dont run the risk of becoming pregnant. I'm on birth control pills and I have condoms in just about every possible place in my apartment so that no matter where the mood strikes me and my boyfriend we dont have to go far to be safe. And if I have them around I even use sponges. And fortunately my boyfriend is just as disinterested in having children as I am so he's always very birth-control conscious as well... unfortunately most men aren't.

Of all the guys i've had sex with most of them left it up to me to be the responsible party when it comes to using condoms or buying them even which is why I think a man shouldn't have any say in whether his woman gets an abortion because hey... did he care about whether she was using birth control or condoms before they had sex? And where is he going to be when she's pregnant? Is he going to pay child support for the rest of his life? Can he afford it? Can he help pay the medical bills for me and my child? The thing that irks me the most about some people who are so pro-life is that they're having children they can't afford to take care of and they never bother with birth control what so ever. Additionally they're really la ti dah about the nine months it takes to carry a pregnancy to term as well... as if its no big deal... and then they place a value on life when they are against abortions to terminate a pregnancy that could end the life of the mother... I just think they're scum...

I saw a bumper sticker in Macon, Georgia that said abortion isn't a choice its a baby... but i'm sorry... when you're out having sex without condoms then its a choice to get pregnant ... I'm not condoning abortions as a means of brith control because that's really effed up but I think that most people dont use enough precaution... And in the end sometimes a pregnancy is a mistake and requires a correction...

As far as abstain only teachings... the state of South Carolina believes that teaching about safe sex encourages youths to have it... all I can say as a possible future parent is... I know someday my children will swim... I'd like for them to know how to do it safely... if that encourages it then so be it, because at least they'll know how to use condoms when they do and why its so damn important to...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html