Thread: Left4Dead Slips to 2008

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs down Left4Dead Slips to 2008

First resident evil 5 then gta 4 now this !! This is getting rediculous already. I realize that no game should be rushed so that the best possible product can be made but they shouldn't get people's hopes up anticipating a date only to have them dashed over and over again. They should just stick to a year or quarter and leave it at that.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=80807

Here's the link to the e3 07' demo footage. Just scroll down a little. It's the second article.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/index.html
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    It looks fantastic, but I'm actually glad it got pushed back. There are an amazing number of quality titles coming out this fall/winter....I can't fathom paying for:

Halo 3
    BioShock
    Mass Effect
    Call of Duty 4
    Guitar Hero III
    PGR4
    Stranglehold
    Blue Dragon
    Lost Odyssey
    Eternal Sonata
    Virtua Fighter 5 (w/online play)
    Assassin's Creed

Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
    Metroid Prime 3

Picking between 3-5 of those is going to one of the toughest gaming decisions ever. So many blockbusters this year, I'm in heaven

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Halo 3, assasin's creed, bioshock and mass effect top my list. Everything else is just gravy. Hopefully i can get a wii this holliday. They're never in stock though.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Bah for a 150 down here you can get a pre-owned wii which is in perfect condition with the wiimote,nunchuck and wii sports for 150 ish under it..Over 200 in Game..Feckers

Poor Left 4 Dead I want Zombie killing! Its not like I can even go back to Dead Rising because Im waiting for the 360 to be fixed.
    Why arent you laughing?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CornishCorpse View Post
    Bah for a 150 down here you can get a pre-owned wii which is in perfect condition with the wiimote,nunchuck and wii sports for 150 ish under it..Over 200 in Game..Feckers

Poor Left 4 Dead I want Zombie killing! Its not like I can even go back to Dead Rising because Im waiting for the 360 to be fixed.

Left for Dead looks to be a great time, no matter what you call 'em.

I am feeling the same about Ravenholm, I have alot of respect for HL2 .
    I dont want to start getting that ill feeling as "We dont go to Ravenholm" loads on my screen.

I watched the stuff about Left for Dead, and it seems that you wont be able to predict where the 'nastys' are everytime you pass through a level.
    I like that.

But I am sure that as I am struggling to survive Ill be regretting saying that.
    It will be a true horror experience extrodinare.
    Last edited by DVW5150; 05-Aug-2007 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Burnt weenie sandwich, toasted hair balls
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Undisclosed
    Yeah the "Director" randomly spawns and the music plays along so everytime you play the game it is diffrent so you may go through a place once and find it packed full of corpses and then next time you sprint through it there may be only one or two..

You should check out left4dead411.com its got a great 12 page review of guys who played it and gave every detail. Look if you dare, showing you something youre going to want so bad but you cant have. Not yet.
    Why arent you laughing?

Administrator

England
    Good! It's unlikely I'll be able to upgrade my machine this year

Here's some previews:-
    http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/810/810724p1.html
    http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/actio...toplay=6176233
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    I watched the stuff about Left for Dead, and it seems that you wont be able to predict where the 'nastys' are everytime you pass through a level.
    I like that.

But I am sure that as I am struggling to survive Ill be regretting saying that.
    It will be a true horror experience extrodinare.
    A.I. sure has come a long way. I also like the fact that the levels won't play the same each time through. It gives it replayability beyond just hoping to unlock extras.