Thread: Less Expensive Xboxes Hit August 8th

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Less Expensive Xboxes Hit August 8th

Microsoft would like us to tell you that the less-expensive Xbox 360s are hitting the market on August 8th.

Here's how the prices are going to break down:

20 gig HD will cost $349.99
    Core system: $279.99
    120 gig Elite: $449.99 (wth black finish)
    Halo 3 editions (avail. in September, with Spartan green-and-gold finish) $399.99
    Microsoft also wants you to know that it thinks it has the "greatest holiday lineup in video game history." Here's the evidence:

Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock” (RedOctane/Activision),
    Halo 3 (Bungie Studios),
    Madden NFL 08 (EA)
    Rock Band (MTV Games).
    BioShock (2K Games),
    Lost Odyssey (Mistwalker and Feel Plus), “
    Blue Dragon (Mistwalker and Artoon Co. Ltd.),
    Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action (Screenlife),
    Project Gotham Racing 4 (Bizarre Creations Ltd.),
    Mass Effect (BioWare Corp.),
    Naruto: Rise of a Ninja (Ubisoft),
    Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
    Here's a quote: “The fact that we have been able to keep our launch price longer than any other console while retaining our leadership position demonstrates that consumers believe in the value of Xbox 360,” Mitch Koch, corporate vice president, Global Retail Sales and Marketing Group, Entertainment and Devices Division at Microsoft said in a press release. “On the eve of the best holiday games lineup ever and the launch of ‘Madden NFL 08,’ there has never been a better time to jump into Xbox 360.”

This was reported on g4's site today.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/index.html
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i'd say buy those in 6 months when x box loses their shirt

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    i'd say buy those in 6 months when x box loses their shirt
    The 360 seems to be in pretty good position right now. Imo, it's much more likely that the ps3 tanks. In any case if a system is failing there's no point in getting it even if the price went down even further.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    The 360 seems to be in pretty good position right now. Imo, it's much more likely that the ps3 tanks. In any case if a system is failing there's no point in getting it even if the price went down even further.
    (haunting memories of the Dreamcast failing)

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    (haunting memories of the Dreamcast failing)
    There's always a chance of that happening. I think it's very likely that either the ps3 or 360 will fail this gen. If you own one or the other there's not really any reason to own both. My money's on the ps3 to go down the tubes. The exclusives of mass effect, halo 3 and GOW is a big hurdle to overcome.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^ true even with all the consoles problems the 360 games are waht kept me coming back.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Sony keeps trotting out titles like lair and warhawk and all they do is elicit a big ho-hum from me. If that's what they're going to go with against the 360 for the holiday's then the future of the ps3 does indeed look bleek. Just these titles alone will kill sony:

-Halo 3
    -Bioshock
    -Mass effect

Canada
    sweet tits, i think i may buy one soon. i knew waiting would pay off.

btw, your sig with the white guy killing the black guy offends me

(jk not really, just thought i'd say it)

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    btw, your sig with the white guy killing the black guy offends me

(jk not really, just thought i'd say it)
    Expect a sternly worded e-mail from the same people complaining that re 5 is racist. lol

I guess you could construe it that way. I looked at it as good vs. evil. I guess that opens up a whole new can of worms though. I can just hear someone saying, "why does the black guy have to be evil though?" Oh, well.

Undisclosed
    Just read that the U.K. is getting a price cut, too.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6176901.html

Yall still pay way too much for them, though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yep, our friends across the pond get price gouged on a regular basis. However, like i always say, if you keep buying things that you wish would change, price points in this case, there's no incentive for companies to give in. Hit em' where it counts, the bottom line!

capncnut
    Traded in my old 360 and PS3 just today so I'm temporarily Xbox-less. But an Elite 360 will be all mine for jacks**t next week.

Oh, the 360 was a gift and the PS3 I won so I it really will cost me jacks**t.
    Last edited by capncnut; 21-Aug-2007 at 07:09 PM.