Thread: John Woo's Stranglehold Demo on Xbox Live

United States

John Woo's Stranglehold Demo on Xbox Live

Looks like Max Payne + Hard Boiled. I'm getting an error code when I try to sign in to Live, so I gotta fix that before I can download it. It is indeed up though, so try it out.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Looks like Max Payne + Hard Boiled. I'm getting an error code when I try to sign in to Live, so I gotta fix that before I can download it. It is indeed up though, so try it out.
    Thnx for the heads up. I haven't logged on in while so i'll have to see what else they have on there. I believe that stranglehold is the unofficial sequel to hard boiled. I like the idea that a sequel to a movie can be made through another type of media.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    HOLY SHIV!

Have any of you guys played this yet? I downloaded it yesterday along with Skate (which was crap) and was utterly gobsmacked!

If anyone ain't checked it out yet then cop a load of this, which is the best 10 mins from the demo. It might look a tad fiddly but believe me, it's a piece of piss.

First Bioshock, now this and we got Halo 3 next month.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I completely hated it. I thought it was over-repeatative and mundane. The fact that he slid across everything he came near was really annoying, too. The graphics looked like Dreamcast or XBOX (at least on my TV). It was just like Max Payne only not nearly as good.

United States
    I enjoyed it a lot. Though I noticed to get the most out of it you've got to turn off "Auto Tequlia Time", and turn up the thumbstick sensitivity a few notches. It makes the game a lot more fun.

And Cnut, how could you say that Skate is crap?! Its waaaay better than Tony Hawk's yearly rehashed sh*t. The controls make it so that you're actually like, you know, SKATING. The demo sold me on the game.

Undisclosed
    I thought that was John Woo. *L*

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    The graphics looked like Dreamcast or XBOX (at least on my TV).
    That was a joke right? I thought the graphics were absolutely top notch! Was you actually playing it or watching the YouTube video?

Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    And Cnut, how could you say that Skate is crap?! Its waaaay better than Tony Hawk's yearly rehashed sh*t. The controls make it so that you're actually like, you know, SKATING. The demo sold me on the game.
    Didn't like the camera angles, didn't like the approch and most of all, didn't like the analogue flipping. I was struggling with it on the third goal, and that was on the tutorial level!