Thread: Ordered his new gaming rig has he?

England

Ordered his new gaming rig has he?

Looking forward to it is he?

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/pcrange.html?NEL

The Elite 6000 one on that link,cant wait to see some proper next generation visuals on that puppy!providing it works after ive jizzed on it

Also bought my new car at the weekend,ive spent some serious cash in the last week but got all the stuff ive been wanting for ages!

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah mate, I love getting a new computer, that feeling of going "ooh" and "ahh" at how much of a leap it's made and so on...ah mate, enjoy that feeling mate.

I wish I could be splashing out cash, I don't half love dropping some dough on a few things I've been after for a while, but in our defense, that's a million miles away from the Gordon Gecko wannabes of the world...or the twats who spend all their cash, render themselves bankrupt at the drop of a hat and then get their debt reset to zero and do it all over again...those people are wankers.

England
    What happened for me was my car was written off by the floods in june,so ive taken a £7500 bank loan out which consolidates my other outstanding debts (credit card & the remainder of the loan on my old car,and they werent that high) & got myself a new car!then the insurance company has paid me £2300 for my old car which makes me extremely glad i have fully comp insurance,so ive bought my new 'puter out of that,bish bosh!im not on bad money with my work so the loan payments arent going to cause me any hardship oh how i look forward to crysis,& running all my older games in eye bleeding resolution,company of heroes is deffo on the cards as well!& my new car is identical to this

its pretty darned rapid & has all the mod cons!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im getiing a piece of crap pc this week for in my room to play games on and i know the feeling of wiating for it to arrive.

Super Moderator

UK
    I remember the day that my laptop turned up, my very first honest-to-goodness own PC.

I'd been over at a mate's house all night where a bunch of us were having a lad's night in, I think watching Rocky movies and playing Half Life and such (for some reason I was bricking it playing HL, for some reason I was terrified by the game...no idea why, because I wasn't when I next played it...odd).

Anyway, I'd been up all night and got home the following morning to find my laptop had been delivered...ah mate, ripping that packaging open, bloody glorious.

Then when I got a PC built for me, this time a desktop so I could play games and edit and such. I got it on Xmas Eve, I was worried I'd have to wait until January, but they got it built in time, so I went straight on and boshed about on Postal 2 properly for the first time, this was Xmas 2003 I might add. I'm still running that computer too, it's done well my son.

Anyway, when I win the lottery or earn big bucks at some point, I'm totally gonna get a monster gaming PC and catch up on a few games I'll miss in the next couple of years, and then be up and running for the newest and bestest sh*t around.

But for now, I'm still chowing down on SexBox369.

United States
    That thing is a beast of a rig! Its very, very exciting when you buy a new PC, isn't it? Have fun!

England
    It sure is a beast!no major compromises this time (aside from i could have gone quad core for an extra £500)my past PC's were decent-ish mid range PC's so ive played most of the best games in the past few years (technically ive only ever had one PC,but ive pretty much changed all the components over the last few years) but never with the settings cranked right up to the maximum,so il be revisiting titles like Doom 3,half life 2,Quake 4,far cry,call of duty 2 etc at awesome visual quality! & il probably get a few of the games my PC wouldnt run as well like F.E.A.R,should keep me entertained through the winter!i really should get a girlfriend though

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah mate I'm proper envious of you right now!

I'd also recommend Rainbow Six Vegas, it's on PC and I'm currently playing it on SexBox369. I'm not that far through, currently doing the 3rd mission (Chinese restaurant), but you can get into some good battles in Vegas with lots of lights and glass and slot machines bursting as the gun fire rattles through the air, good fun and good graphics...and no doubt the PC has a trainer available, so if it gets tough you can just cheat and have fun...not like the SexBox, such a lack of cheats, it's shocking...back on the Mega Drive there were cheats out the ass so you could have single player fun without having to try if you didn't want to...weirdness.

I also highly recommend STALKER, with that beast you should be able to do it justice alright - just make sure you patch it before you play it.

England
    Well,its finally here & its mighty impressive!this Vista malarky is a bit strange after ive been using XP for the last 4 or 5 years,but its not that much different other than lots of bells & whistles on everything!
    Ive just installed Quake 4 which ran ok on my old PC,but on here its running on ultra settings at 1240 x 1024 with maximum anti-aliasing,it looks bloody good i tell thee!Medieval 2 looks massively gorgeous,i thought that looked pretty good on my old rig as well but on here everything is minutely detailed & seeing thousands of knights charging at each other at that level of detail & completely smooth framerates is jawdropping!im seriously pleased with it,come on Crysis,im waiting....

Super Moderator

UK
    Buy STALKER, I'm telling ya, it's rather spiffing, should look rather nice on your rig too.

England
    Bladdy hell!i loaded doom 3 on last night & it runs sweetly in ultra mode at 1240 x 1024,it looks amazing!its 3 years old now but it still looks really cutting edge,i think that game was before its time graphically as its only now that PC's are available to run it the way its meant to be seen!it looked sweet on my last 2 PC's,but it comes into its own on this bad boy! sorry for going on about it but im really chuffed with this new rig,the 8800GTX is a quality graphics card!

Super Moderator

UK
    Don't worry mate, if it was me with the spiffy new rig, I'd be pimping it's style all over the shop too.

Aye, Doom 3 looked bloody good when I played it on my rig when I originally got it in 2004, but I never got anywhere near Ultra Mode...well, I was on "high", then I had to go down to "medium" with 1024 res because of a long story about my graphics card settings (AGP being on caused graphical anomalies in all games EXCEPT Doom3 and caused little green lines to appear when I played videos or used my desktop to fiddle around with files and folders or software - no idea at all how you're supposed to fix that problem, or if it can, so I had to turn AGP off, which kinda made my card less powerful than it should be - hence going from High to Medium-with-1024 on Doom3).

Anyway...

England
    I bought company of heroes yesterday & it really is an awesome game that!the graphics,animation & downright gameplay are reet boshty!

DirectX10 really comes into its own here!

Super Moderator

UK
    I still maintain you should hook yourself up with a copy of STALKER as well.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Tis a nice rig man. AMD chips kick ass, their dual cores are decent, their single cores kick all kinds of ass. They were mopping up the floor with INTEL on the single core line for the last 3 solid years, but INTEL put themselves back on top with the dual cores,but those AM2 chips are nothing to sneeze at. I almost went AM2, but for the amount of video editing I have been doing the INTEL was the way to go, but the new AMD quad cores are sick... When Quad core becomes more affordable I am definitely going Quad in the AMD line.

Do your self a favor, check your power supply when it arrives, make sure it meets the specs of that 8800GT. Some BULK gaming PC companies have been putting less than stellar power supplies in their units and the 8800GT prevents the PC from running correctly because of the massive power draw.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*