Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: giant big daddy's in gamestores near you....maybe

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

giant big daddy's in gamestores near you....maybe

http://kotaku.com/gaming/photo-ops/h...you-287477.php

not in all stores but man i gotta steal me one of these.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think you would have to get the jump on these fairly quickly. The game hasn't come out yet and hasn't had an impact. If it's a success then it'll cost a whole lot more to own one of those.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    I'm currently pleading with my local CEX game store to give me their lifesized Nemesis. It's about 7 foot tall, they have had it in the store for the last few years and I overheard that they are getting rid of it when they re-do the place later this year. I have said that I'll take it off their hands and even give them something for it. I spoke to the manager and I'm quite hopeful.

Wish me luck!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I'm currently pleading with my local CEX game store to give me their lifesized Nemesis. It's about 7 foot tall, they have had it in the store for the last few years and I overheard that they are getting rid of it when they re-do the place later this year. I have said that I'll take it off their hands and even give them something for it. I spoke to the manager and I'm quite hopeful.

Wish me luck!
    Good luck dude. That would be an awesome edition to your memorabilia collection. It would never fit in my apartment though.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

capncnut
    They had a lifesized Darth Maul in there once upon a time too, I was too late for that one though.

Canada
    wtf is that thing, a mutated fish bowl?

wats bioshock

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    buy an xbox 360.

NOW!

seriously, bioshock is looking to be THE fps game of the year outside of the basic army shoot em ups like halo and the like.
    Its set in a long forgotten undersea city from the late 1930's called rapture were genetic materila called adam was discovered that could be used to augment humans giving them abilities such as telekenisis and enhanced regeneration for example.
    needless to say it all whent tits up and you arrive in ...i believe either the 1960's or the 1980's to fidn the city a virtual ghost town, populated by sci-fi security systems and the mutated descendants of the people of rapture.
    You can augment yourself, even tattack other mutants for there genetic material and theres many ways to play.

the tag line is :"will you exploit the people of rapture to save yourself, or risk it all to become there saviour"

i thinks its gonna be a sleeper competitor for game of the year, im looking forward to this more than halo 3, fable 2 and resident evil 5 combined.
    trust me its looking epic.

United States
    Boishock is my favorite game I've played this year (and I've only played a short demo!). Its hauntingly beautiful. And hells, Rapture was built in the 50's, and you show up in 1960. There is an abandoned room where a new years party was being held for 1959, so sh*t went awry relatively recently. A new launch trailer was released, too. Its CG, but it gives you an idea of the gameplay possibilities:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23434.html

If you have a 360 and don't buy this game, you're only cheating yourself.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    huh. they must have changed that cus ive seen picks of stuff form the 30's in it however this does disprove that theory.

still i dont think, knowing there the system shock guys that it happened recently i thinks its defo gottabe 1980 not 60.

edit- there ya coin new sig for ya.

Canada
    it is definitly set in 1960...

curse you hellsing...

I now want this game so very badly...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    man EVERYONE wants this game, in fact some toys-r-us...sses are selling it allready A WEEK EARLY!

*cliche' noise of coinreturn running outside, slamming the door and the sound of a car pulling away fast is heard*

Canada
    when is the pc demo coming out? I wanna play...

i downlaoded thsi really pimp artbook from a bioshock website..it is great and gives a very good evolutionairy scale of the game.

United States
    ARGH!!! I went to Toys R Us, and the 2 guys in front of me grabbed the last 2 copies of the game. I paid off the special edition at Gamestop, but damnit, I was so close.

And things like this make the wait that much harder. Game Informer reviewed it, gave it a 10:
    The creators of System Shock 2 have honed their craft to create an FPS that is as adventurous as it is powerful
    http://gameinformer.com/Games/Review...1203.13551.htm
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 15-Aug-2007 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    So its pretty much guaranteed to make other games in the same vein like condemned and far cry instincts look crap then?

and coin dont worry the legendary versions the only special edition version of any game iim getting so i wouldnt be upset that they dont get a big daddy statue and you do.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    So its pretty much guaranteed to make other games in the same vein like condemned and far cry instincts look crap then?

and coin dont worry the legendary versions the only special edition version of any game iim getting so i wouldnt be upset that they dont get a big daddy statue and you do.
    Condemed definitely has to step it's game up now that we've seen this game. Although i have to say that i've never been so afraid to go forward in any game as i was in the original. It just got repetitive after a while and some of the enemies are way too hard towards the end. There's a fine line between challenging gameplay and frustrating gamers with scenarios that are damn near impossible.