Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: excuse me whilst i weep a little

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    it only counts for consoles that get the 3 red rings of death, mine just freezes it doesnt have that fault.

maybe if i leave it on for a few hours though......

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    the only special scotsmen are the smug ones whos accent makes them, to quote al murray, soudn like there balls are being gently rubbe dwith a warm, damp shammy leather.

BRILLIANT!

My accent is a mish-mosh of freaking everything. Every accent I've heard from friends across the country, from places I've lived, from where I live now and where I was born...but also, from what I've heard on TV. So there's dribbles of American wordage in there somewhere...my accent's all over the shop, probably the bigger portion is Herefordian now as I've lived here the longest out of all the places I've lived, so...yeah.

As for SexBox, dang man, that sucks.

*fingers crossed, does the 'dance of denial' - it better not happen to me or I'll cry and "do a Platoon"*

I haven't played mine in like 3 or 4 days, been jizzing over STALKER and such, will head back soon though to crack on with R6V. Most problems I've had is a couple of freezes when trying to get to the game menu for GRAW (when exiting, I go back to menu, then press the button, go back to dashboard and sign out). I had a 'disc can't be read' on PGR3, Dead Rising and recently R6V. The first two were at random, happened twice on DR early on, same for PGR3, hasn't happened on those since. With R6V I was just entering a building and the disc stopped spinning at full speed and I guess it lost it's place, so it didn't have the data to continue showing my the game, fortunately that was just after a save point (I wish the "saving progress" text was a bit more obvious.

Anyway, stuck it in again and played a few times more and no problems. So aye, that's the most in the way of issues I've had, low level, expected stuff. I guess they only have "cannot read, not clean, urg" message even when it's just a case of the drive losing it's place in the data at random - happens on PC's as well sometimes, but it doesn't mean a crash, just waiting for it to wind up again.

I was surprised by GOW, sometimes it plays with the disc spinning like a nutter, other times it plays with the disc just ticking along at a merry jaunt, neither times with read errors...odd...

Anyway, man I hope my SexBox remains fine, but I got the extended warranty, so I've got 3 years cover at least...I wonder when they're putting out the new version of the Xbox with all the fixes they've been harping on about saying they found 'issues that need to be addressed' and such.

lol - I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed...hehe, Steve-O reference, eh?

So back to you and yours, it's not even covered by your warranty? Did you only have a year one or something? Surely a warranty is there to cover all bugger ups?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    total steve-o reference

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    burned a ring?, thats a new one to me, ive seen rings etched about a bit under an inch form the centre when somone turns theres from flat to standing whilst its playing but aside form taht ive no idea how its done that.

unless they accidently rigged yours with an experimental laser weapon by accident.

and yeah, thats me, thats about a 3 on my piss-off-o-metre, im a mellow dude though youll rarely see me at a ten.
    I've read similar stories on the net with the burn rings on cds. It burned my Fight Night Round 3, so I bought a new copy for $30. My other cds look fine. Btw, my Sexbox lays flat. I won't stand it up after it ate a cd that I rented. Also I just read that the current Pro consoles have the HDMI ports that the Elites carry.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6176397.html

Undisclosed
    I just received the Red Ring of Death last night. Its all your fault Hellsing. You jinxed me with your video. The funny thing about it. I planned on trading it in today. Good thing my service plan expires next week.

United Kingdom
    Sad to hear that, surely if you're still in warranty you shouldn't have to pay? Argue your case to them, unless there's some sort of complication...?

I don't play my 360 enough to get any problems, and I always keep it standing just so it doesn't get stepped on

United States
    I may have heard wrong, but I thought that there was currently a class action suit regarding the same issue of 360's screwing up disks. I may have misunderstood but what I had read stated that there was some sort of class action suit brewing. Did anyone else hear this, or have any information on the suit. Sure would love to get in on that, as I am certain Hellsing would as well.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    I bought my 360 back in august last year its froze a few times mostly on arcade games. Its only ruined one game DEAD FREAKIN RISING!!!!!! the disc tray opens when you say please, or give it a nice rub a certain way to open correctly.

sorry hells that sucks man

but hey!

atleast your gamerscore is safe LOL that would pi$$ me off so much

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the only warning signs for em was a slight squeak on the disk drive mechanism and a few jumps in online play, but damn as stated above^ yet ANOTHER one bites the dust, btu oh well least theyll replace it for a new one, mine was a launch one so probably was part of a faulty first batch adn probably only lasted the eayr it did cus i treated it so well.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    if you had a haircut i'm sure your accent would go away.
    Laughed til I cried reading that man!
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Laughed til I cried reading that man!
    takes all sorts i 'spose