Thread: Right At Your Door

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Right At Your Door

Anyone heard of this flick? I hear that it was released in the UK last year, and kicked ass at Cannes, but I can't find any info about it being released in the states. I just now saw the trailer for the independent flick(which makes it look friggin awesome) and now I can't find anything else about it.

According to IMDB, it was released in the UK in September of 2006....

Here's the trailer that sparked my interest"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i bought the dvd yonks back for 73 quid in Hoomv', great biohorror/biodrama flick, but the kind you watch once and not again, definatley a rental, not a bad film though just pretty boring.
    with the most predictable "twist" ending there is.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i bought the dvd yonks back for 73 quid in Hoomv', great biohorror/biodrama flick, but the kind you watch once and not again, definatley a rental, not a bad film though just pretty boring.
    with the most predictable "twist" ending there is.
    Predictable if you're ... wait for it ... wait ... ooh, tease your nipples with it ... jaaaaaaaaded

Oh j/k, chill...

I take it you mean £7, not 73 quid, haha. I got it for £5.99 a few weeks back (when I also bought the bloody brilliant "Brick" for an even fiver). I really dug Right At Your Door, a superb indie flick I say.

Bloody terrifying mind, really quite unsettling because it's quite realistic, focuses on the characters and only shows what the average person living in suburbia would see with their own eyes, which really pulls you into the flick.

I'm totally gonna watch it again, check out the commentary and such...

It's the sort of film you just need to sit down and watch, don't think or try to second guess it, because that's not doing you any favours really, it pulls you out of a movie, you need to surrender your mind completely to a movie like this - and I don't mean that in a "check your brain at the door" type movie, no, I mean you have to relinquish control of your mind to the movie itself - let the movie control you. Then you get the best effect from the movie, it'll have the most impact.

Well shot, well written, well directed. A great little indie flick, and Rory Cochrane stomps balls, certainly a million miles away from the scrawny stoner dude in Dazed & Confused, and similarly distanced from his turn in A Scanner Darkly.

I totally recommend this flick bassman, as you're in Americaland though, you'll no doubt have to import it from the UK, but you should be able to get it cheap - www.amazon.co.uk - that's where I told LouCipherr to get the Spaced box set from and he said that worked fine and dandy...of course, you'll need a region free player as it'll be Region 2.

Very odd for an American film to come out in the UK and be on DVD for a good while before it's even hit American cinemas. But considering the content...it's hardly surprising.

It's like £13 on Amazon, unusually high I'd say, play.com has it for less than half the friggin' price...but I duno if play.com ship internationally...give it a look into I'd say, bassman.

Super Moderator

United States
    Looks nice! I'll have to see about snagging a copy.

I have my guess as to the twist already...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Predictable if you're ... wait for it ... wait ... ooh, tease your nipples with it ... jaaaaaaaaded
    HAHAHAHA! *kaughs like dico reminciscing about ryan dunn getting raped in the ass by dave battaro*

...**everyone but mz goes "huh?"**

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    HAHAHAHA! *kaughs like dico reminciscing about ryan dunn getting raped in the ass by dave battaro*

...**everyone but mz goes "huh?"**
    *laughs like DiCamillio full stop*

Genius, Sir.

The way Dunn says that, like out the side of his mouth in the CKY Doc, damn that's funny. I see Batarro is in "Minghags" playing some "fat sh*t" who just eats all the time. (There's a behind the scenes video on YouTube, check it out if you haven't already - also on Bams' "official" MySpace page).

Anyway, Right At Your Door rocks.

United States
    Never heard of it... I dig Rory Cochrane and was totally hoping the preview could turn into a zombie flick and when it didn't I was more disappointed than the time I got a diamond ring and after the excitement was told uh no... not THAT kind of diamond ring... bastard! Got my hopes up for bothing Bassman! Looks like a chill flick though so i'm going to Queue it on Netflix... thanks for posting it!
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    It is out in limited release here on the 24th of August.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190