Thread: resident evil 2 game questions

United States

resident evil 2 game questions

Every website I go to on the internet about this game has "different" ways of obtaining the hunk and tofu games. I already have battle mode.

Do you have to get an A ranking on only ONE of the first 2 scenarios? also is a upgraded weapon considered a "special weapon"? I know you can use special weapons to get an A ranking. I just love leons upgraded magnum. I also use the inf amma cheat, but I dont think that would mess with the rank outcome

I know you cant use f. aid sprays which is not a problem.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Do you have to get an A ranking on only ONE of the first 2 scenarios? also is a upgraded weapon considered a "special weapon"? I know you can use special weapons to get an A ranking. I just love leons upgraded magnum. I also use the inf ammo cheat, but I dont think that would mess with the rank outcome
    You're in luck Codes 'cos I've been playing this myself recently. Right, here's what you've got to do to unlock Hunk and Tofu.

Hunk - Complete either Claire or Leon's 2nd scenarios, saving less than 12 times in under 2 hours 30 mins. Doesn't matter what rank you get or what weapons you use.

Tofu - Complete both Claire and Leon's A and B scenarios with an A ranking (which means NOT using the special weapons: Rocket Launcher, Gatling Gun, Machine-Gun or Spark Shot. No infinite ammo cheats or first aid sprays either - upgrades are allowed) and then do yet another of Claire or Leon's A and B scenarios with an A ranking. Basically, you have to complete the game six friggin' times!

<phew>
    Last edited by capncnut; 16-Aug-2007 at 06:43 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    In short, not worth it then.

United States
    I'm assuming you're playing the playstation version?

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person I know that's playing the N64 version, and I don't know if there's any code to unlock Tofu in that version. Well, unless you too have the N64 version, in which case it's Up, Down, Left, Right, Left(2 times), Right(2 times), L, R, C-Up, C-Left, C-Down, C-Right at the load screen.

But that's besides the point, since the Tofu mission is ****ing IMPOSSIBLE!

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Tofu's mission is definitely doable, I've seen it done. Although you have to have a really high frustration threshold. I think that hunk's mission is hard and he has an assload of weapons and ammo. Prima's guide gives a good walkthrough on how to beat tofu's mission.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Yea, Hunk's was damn near impossible, but when I got to Tofu's I was like, "Are you ****ing kidding me?"

I mean, I realize it's doable, but it's just so ****ing hard... And like you said, you have to have a high frustration threshold. I personally can't risk that, because I don't want to break any of my controllers O.o

Undisclosed
    Opening the Hunk and Tofu mini-games and then beating them is seriously probably one of the video game moments I'm most proud of. I did it when the game first came out, so I don't remember much about how to open it other than playing the A and B games in sequence over and over again until it opens, without using any of the super weapons and under two and a half hours each getting the A ranks.

Hunk was difficult, but Tofu was insane. You have to have inhuman patience and the ability to juke your enemies without fighting them.

To this day, whenever we make a great dodge, my friends and I call it a 'Tofu Juke'.

If you like Tofu, in Code: Veronica, there is a Tofu-like mini-game with Wesker and his knife. That one's a saucy bitch as well.

And for a real challenge, try the Invisible Enemy mode on the Resident Evil remake for Gamecube. That one almost made me remove my own brain and drop-kick the bastard out the window.

Arco!
    Furious Front Facer!

United States
    whoa thats so cool invisable zombies!!!

splurge

Undisclosed
    It's not so cool when you hear the zombie that's strapped down with grenades jingling after you, the one you can't shoot because he'll explode and kill you, and you can't see him. Believe it. It sucks.

Arco!
    Furious Front Facer!

United States
    Well to get the gatling gun inf ammo you cant SAVE ONCE so I died at the very end of the umbrella labs by a plant thing. im taking a break from this game now.

United States
    Ouch, that blows... I'm assuming it means no codes as well, that's pretty ****ty.

United States
    its cool I just got re4 in the mail today :P

Canada
    you just got re4?

wow...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i only got it about 3 months ago.

United States
    I had it (borrowed) but my friend ps2 (borrowed) scewed up the disc JYST LIKE MY 360 DOES why am i cursed with cd eating drives?