Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bioshock get's a great review...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think i would be a bastard as well. That's what games are for, to do things that you could/would never do in real life. Live a little !!
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Currently playing the full version. Pretty good so far. No, I didn't kill the little girls. I was bribed with something nice for not killing them. The bribes have been worth it so far. But I was going to kill them.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So being that it will most likely be a while before this goes to the Platinum Series or even gets a price drop......is it worth the 60 bucks to buy it now?

Undisclosed
    Knowing how short a lot of shooters are....I say no. Its a renter. I am not saying the game is bad, but not worth $60. Find it at your local video store and rent it like I did.

United States
    Its 20-25 hours of pure bliss. Best game I've played in years. Definitely worth the full $60 in my opinion. Not to mention its good to support a developer like Irrational Games, so that they can bring us a sequel

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Its 20-25 hours of pure bliss. Best game I've played in years. Definitely worth the full $60 in my opinion. Not to mention its good to support a developer like Irrational Games, so that they can bring us a sequel
    Agree 100%. I'm hard pressed to think of a minute of gameplay that I didn't have a big fat grin on my face.

Undisclosed
    Has anyone rescued any of the little girls, yet. This is going to sound wrong. The girls sound like the are struggling against a pedifile. "NO! No, no, NO!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    20 hours?!?, jesus i jsut finished final fnatasy X adn it only took 19 to complete, i doubt an fps game is that long.

United States
    Yep, its 20+ hours. Its more a first person adventure, like Metroid Prime. I'm barely half way through and I've been playing for 2 hours a night. How on earth did you finish FFX in 19 hours?? It took me, and just about everyone else I know, around 40.

Edit: I found a Final Fantasy speed run which clocks in at 12 hours:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...52969403086662

Thats skipping all the cinematics, dialogue, and taking the fastest short cuts. Did you play it before and know where everything was already?
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 29-Aug-2007 at 05:18 PM.

Undisclosed
    I have about 160 hours into FF 10.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm really wanting to buy this game but i'm trying to hold out until it's cheaper. Maybe I should finally get "Gears of War" now that it's cheaper. It could hold me over until "Bioshock"...

Undisclosed
    Just rent it. That's what I am doing. In fact my rental of Bioshock was free. For some reason.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I have about 160 hours into FF 10.
    i think my gameing records time wise are 128 hours in pokemon gold and 98 in pokemon pearl.

Undisclosed
    I just beat Bioshock 10 minutes ago. Anyone else complete it, yet? Btw, I rescued every little sister and got the good ending. But I read there are multiple endings.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I just beat Bioshock 10 minutes ago. Anyone else complete it, yet? Btw, I rescued every little sister and got the good ending. But I read there are multiple endings.
    So being that you're the first "round these parts" to complete it........what's your final verdict on the entire game?