Thread: story Ideal

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

story Ideal

A year or so back I had this ideal for a story. what if a small navy patrol boat was sent up the mississipp river to check out things a year or so after an outbreak. What would they find as they pass by all the dead towns along the way? this team could also scout out around 100 miles or so from the river using motorcycles.

Hope someone can use this. if some has wrote something along these lines let me know, I'd like to read it.

United States

Cool idea

I've not read anything specifically like that.

Go for it, says I. Sounds like a really cool idea.

TZ
    TexasZombie
    http://www.geocities.com/eviloverlord668/afmain.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/9327/main.html

That which does not destroy me has made a very grave tactical error...

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by mst3k
    A year or so back I had this ideal for a story. what if a small navy patrol boat was sent up the mississipp river to check out things a year or so after an outbreak. What would they find as they pass by all the dead towns along the way? this team could also scout out around 100 miles or so from the river using motorcycles.

Hope someone can use this. if some has wrote something along these lines let me know, I'd like to read it.

neat idea. personally i like the patrol boat idea. the motorcycle section i'm not to keen on, i lke the idea of the team being limited to foot patrols if they need to put ashore for anything.

but it's a totaly original concept.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by mst3k

Post Apocalypse Now?

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    Post Apocalypse Now?

robert duvall would certainly kick some zombie ass.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    You could do a lot with the story. drop the motorcycles or not. I think it would be a great series of storys like a logbook or something. I do like the post "post apocalypse now" line. that could be worked in as well. I do think that some people would survive and river travel would be used to get around. I hope someone can use it and write a great story. I'm tried of reading the " you did'nt like me then but now you need me" type of storys.

Undisclosed
    Never get out of the boat!

It'd be really neat to see some of the towns now fortified camps, with live people who aren't a bunch of half starved scarecrows. Fiddler's Green, midwest style.

How would you deal with the lock and dam issue on the river? The river changes elevation at some points, and without people working the locks, or the equipment being damaged, no power for it, ships can't be lifted/lowered to the next elevation.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    robert duvall would certainly kick some zombie ass.
    yes he would.

Super Moderator

UK
    "We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Zombie after zombie. Village after village. Army after army."

"Oh man, the zombies piled up so fast in Vietnam you needed wings to stay above it."

Noiiice.