Thread: damn cap our favourite console keeps on chuggin' along

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

damn cap our favourite console keeps on chuggin' along

You Cannot Kill It
    2008 Brings More Dreamcast Games
    Just because SEGA has abandoned the Dreamcast, doesn't mean gamers have. Better yet, it doesn't mean developers have! Next year will see two new DC games: Dalforce and Wind and Water Puzzle Battles. The games are being published first quarter 2008 by RedSpotGames, who recently released Last Hope for the Dreamcast and the NEO GEO. Dalforce is a vertical shooter with 11 levels, 4 player mode and lots and lots of bullets. The other game is a port of puzzle game Wind and Water Puzzle Battles. It will have 4 player mode and exclusive DC characters. No word on pricing or distribution sources, but both games will be on display in Leipzig, where hopefully Team K will get us hot hot hands-on impressions

This is more along the lines of rumours ive heard on the net that segas going into something of a dreamcast revival lately.

GOOD!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Damn.....I didn't realize that games were still being made for the dreamcast.

United States
    Good ol' Dreamcast. Such a great lineup of games in its short lifespan. Just last year I imported a game called "Border Down", a space shooter. I find it odd that games are still being published for the platform, but bring em on anyway, I guess.

Super Moderator

UK
    Made for the old console itself?!

I thought this was on SexBox Live or something?

You know what would be awesome - if Sega came back into the console market, that'd just be awesome, there's never really been a revival of an old manufacturer in the game you know, they go out of the game and then poof, gone to other pastures or making for other consoles...but it'd be just great if Sega came back with an awesome console for the next-next gen...even though "next gen" is now current gen.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aye id buy a dreamcast 2.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Just last year I imported a game called "Border Down", a space shooter. I find it odd that games are still being published for the platform, but bring em on anyway, I guess.
    Yeah, I picked one up one this year called Trigger Heart Exelica, which was one of the most addictive space shooters I have ever played. It's fantastic that all these new games are being churned out for the DC. Every month or two I read a new report saying "DC confirms last game ever" but they just keep coming and coming.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    You know what would be awesome - if Sega came back into the console market
    Would love to see that but SEGA are in some deep, deep s**t right now. They are pulling long-awaited games from under fans noses and are generally f**king around. Nights: Journey of Dreams looks great on the Wii but other than that, I'm hard pressed to think of anything they have on the roster that looks exciting. And that roster is EMPTY btw.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    aye id buy a dreamcast 2.
    I'd much prefer a cheap DC handheld.

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    never had a dreamcast so I can't really comment. looks like u really can't keep sega down