Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bioshock so badass it blows a pc the **** up!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

bioshock so badass it blows a pc the **** up!

excuse the swearing but, hot damn thats rad (rad?)

*once again mercilessley stolen from kotak.com*

Some Dude Says
    BioShock Killed My Computer
    How good is BioShock? Quote: "THE GAME WAS SO FACE MELTINGLY AWESOME IT BLEW UP MY COMPUTER." Yes, it's that good. Over at game forum NeoGAF, member Epiphyte recounts his PC woes after downloading the BioShock demo. According to him: 

I was about 15 minutes into it, having very much enjoyed what I had seen so far, when I came upon the first Big Daddy encounter. I watch in rapt attention as he charges a splicer when suddenly BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM. It sounds as though a string of firecrackers has been detonated in my computer case, as well as each BOOM being punctuated with a bright blue flash coming through the case window.

For about half a second I sit there stunned. The first thought in my mind is "Holy ****ing ****, that is the greatest effect I've ever seen. They should have given this game an 11." Immediately following this a sickening realization dawns on me as I look over at my tower. Blue Smoke! The magic blue smoke that makes electronics work is escaping from my PC.

What follows is a 30 second vaudeville act of me simultaneously cursing, falling as I try to leap out of my chair, and finally ripping the power cord from the wall. But the blue smoke was already out, and the smell of ozone in the air told me the bitter truth. Bioshock had fried my computer from the inside and blown the capacitors.

Apparently Epiphyte's caps inside the power supply blew up, and some motherboard capacitors might have been blown as well. There's a word for this, and that is "BioShocked."

apparently its so freakin' awesome its blowing up 360s as well, "BIOSHOCK THE GAME SO BADASS IT WILL ACTUALLY CUASE ELECTRONIC DEVICES TO EXPLODE!...11/10!"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Hopefully my 360 won't blow up if I ever play it. When is it released, anyway?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    uh, 'bout a couple of days on your side of the pond i reckon.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    huh.....after a quick search, apparently it was yesterday. Sweet...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    id hold off a little if i were you, there were a couple of dead rising copies at first that screwed with 360's as well, id wait and see if the rumours are true before buying a 50 dollar plasitc disk that might just royally bone your 400 bucks piece of gameing equipment.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah...definitely. Plus I can get it cheaper. Don't want the 360 crapping out on me yet. The "Red Ring of Death" or whatever...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    *sheds single tear over his broken 360 like a native maerican watching someone litter*

-oh, plus in like 3 weeks it'll be like 30 bucks instead of 50.

United States
    It's $60 and the way it's selling I doubt there will be a price drop before Christmas. I don't have a 360 yet, but this game is another thing making me want to go get one. I keep hearing about how awesome Bioshock is and it makes me drool... but I don't want to spend $400 on something that will die from overheating in a few months.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

England
    bloody hell!dont know whether i'd dare run it on my new PC after reading that!surely my 8800GTX can handle it though

United States
    BioShock has been an amazing experience so far. Every single room is filled with detail, and every nook and cranny has something to give you (ammo, Eve, food, etc.). I just can't get over how much time and effort was spent on this game. I've played for about 5 or 6 hours, and I can already tell this game is going to be in my Top 5 of all time. A must own if you have a 360 or PC that won't explode while running it.

Canada
    thats it, f*ck the waiting, i'm buying a 360 today.

Super Moderator

UK
    If I do play Bioshock, it'll certainly be when the price comes down and it's all quiet on the Western front. Wait for someone else to experience any possible cock ups, then ride in on the fixed wave...

Besides, there's still games I'm catching up on that I haven't played, but want to. I've only got GTA4 on pre-order, but I won't have to worry about that until next year, so...

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    I've played for about 5 or 6 hours, and I can already tell this game is going to be in my Top 5 of all time. A must own if you have a 360 or PC that won't explode while running it.
    Well, just completed it a few hours ago and HOLY CRAP, I think it's contender for best game on the 360! Absolutely f**kin' amazing and definitely up there with the likes of Half Life 2...

...Bioshock is the reason why I play videogames full stop. The story is amazing, the action is relentless and there's more hidden areas/story tidbits tucked away than Silent Hill 2 or even Deus Ex.

What CR said goes for me too, this is EASILY in my top five already.

Irish accent: "Ya barstords!"

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    If I do play Bioshock, it'll certainly be when the price comes down and it's all quiet on the Western front. Wait for someone else to experience any possible cock ups, then ride in on the fixed wave...
    I know you lost a blob or two of jizz playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but Bioshock will make you make you spooge pints! If you don't wanna pay top dollar just give it a month and plough out the 25-30 gib for a second-hander. You wont regret it son.
    Last edited by capncnut; 27-Aug-2007 at 06:30 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well I'm certainly hearing exclusively positive comments and reviews about the game, from what I've seen it certainly looks awesome, the water effects too look bloody good - apparently there was one bloke put in charge of solely animating the water itself.

How is it to control? Is it quite simple to get to grips with - like Gears of War and it's intuitive control system - or is it a bit fiddly? Also, how tough is it? Just asking about those issues out of curiosity.

I've still gotta try and complete Rainbow Six Vegas, but got stuck where a team mate has to open some door at the dam...but I got pissed off failing that section time-after-time because the door never got opened in time or I got blown up, so I resorted to Saints Row and completed the story (except for the stuff where you work for the guvnah bloke, cos you die at the end of all that as I've seen on YouTube).

Anyway...BioShock, definitely shaped up to be a gaming milestone then.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It seems this game is one giant headache for some people

http://digg.com/pc_games/2k_Games_Bi...crashes_errors
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*