Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last Night On Earth (board game)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Due to the size, shape and overall responsiveness to shaking, I would not be surprised if one of the gifts under the tree this year were this game.

We'll know soon enough =)
    Very cool! I spent the $ I had set aside for the new expansions on gifts for others, just before the pre-order was announced. So now I gotta figure out how I'm gonna come up w/ the $ in time...

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    This looks nice! I like playing boardgames, so I might have to check this out.
    It's a lot of fun. Depending on what kind of games you're used to it might be a LITTLE rules heavy, but a careful reading of the rules, making sure to follow the wording/terminology/key words of the rules/cards & a practice session just to get a feel for it & after that it's smooth sailing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Me and my friends like playing more "advanced" board games, without tapping into roleplaying territory. This looks just right, rulewise. I just have to check if I can get it in Sweden.

Administrator

England
    "Last Night on Earth: Timber Peak" seems to be getting good comments, with reviewers suggesting it as better starting point than the original?

http://gamerviceroy.blogspot.co.uk/2...-on-earth.html

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    "Last Night on Earth: Timber Peak" seems to be getting good comments, with reviewers suggesting it as better starting point than the original?
    I've heard that mentioned a few times, & am a bit puzzled by it. They cleaned up the rulebokk a tad, & the card decks are leaner & meaner, but that's really the only differences at the "core". TP adds "fire" rules (as in them spreading) & the Experience rules, but honestly, I'd rather start with the base set personally, as I think the card decks are full of more good stuff & sitations, & that the core characters are a better representation of "typical horror movie" than TP. TP would make a perfectly fine starter set. You can start fine with it. But I don't think it makes a "better" starter set personally. Now as an add on to the core? Then it goes WAY up IMO.

Honestly, I have everything for LNOE & it's well worth it. Same for "A Touch of Evil".

And I'm eagerly awaiting expansion & Hero Pack due soon for "Fortune and Glory" as well. All 3 are great games.

Last edited by MoonSylver; 03-Jun-2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: beware the cult of the spider queen

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Do you have Invasion from Outer Space as well?

I now own LNOE, Growing Hunger, all web suppliments and Hero Pack One. I also own Invasion from Outer Space, which you can combine with LNOE for a human vs zombies vs martians scenario. I did that once, and it was a blast. The zombies are helplessly outmatched, however.

United States
    Do you have Invasion from Outer Space as well?

I now own LNOE, Growing Hunger, all web suppliments and Hero Pack One. I also own Invasion from Outer Space, which you can combine with LNOE for a human vs zombies vs martians scenario. I did that once, and it was a blast. The zombies are helplessly outmatched, however.
    No...I don't connect with the subject matter as I do with the above. Under the right circumstances I wouldn't mind a 50's sci fi B movie style game, but IFOS just wasn't it for me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I mostly bought it for the crossover, which I love, but also because I'm somewhat of a completist and I really love LNOE.

United States
    I mostly bought it for the crossover, which I love, but also because I'm somewhat of a completist and I really love LNOE.
    Ah. I'll buy most anything they put out, but it has to have a relateable subject matter/something that I'll play, which IFOS & COPE just weren't for me.