Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Wii... Fastest selling console in video game history and more!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    cus i dont knwo about you but im STILL playing super smash bro.s melee on the gamecube, its possibly the greatest multiplayer game ever.
    If by melee being the greatest multiplayer game ever, you mean Super Smash Bros. 64 being the greatest multiplayer game ever, then yes, melee is the greatest. I personally don't care for melee, mainly because my character (Kirby) sucks massive nuts in it, plus it really just doesn't stack up to the original, I hate feeling like I need the reaction time of a 5 year old hopped up on caffeine and sugar to play it.

But back on topic, long live the Wii. Hopefully Brawl outdoes melee, but I highly doubt it'll top the OG (yea, I said OG). But I think it does have tight competition from the 360, some of the 360's games are way fun as well, I mean, I really want to get both and as of right now I'm unsure which I want first. However, until the prices drop on the 360 and I actually have money to spend I'll stick to my 64, as the Nintendo 64 is the one true console.

That is the universal truth that all gamers hold.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    only the gamers that never played the sega dreamcast.

oh yes. i whent there.

United States
    While I can appreciate how the Wii is bringing in new gamers, I don't like what the its doing to the industry. It seems they are catering ONLY to the casual gamer crowd. Too many "non-games" and minigame collections are flooding the system. I guess things will change next week when Metroid is released, and later this year when Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros come out.

My Wii has been collecting dust for months now. Like it or not, 3rd parties aren't supporting the system just yet.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i know, if i had to choose between them the nintendo ds is a far superior console right now, based on quality of games.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i know, if i had to choose between them the nintendo ds is a far superior console right now, based on quality of games.
    I have to agree, as far as games go the DS has a plethora of fantastic games on it.

But give the Wii a year, most of the 3rd party publishers are now signed on to make games since they saw how well the Wii is doing.

It's not going away, it's not a fad. There are simply too many game companies that are developing properties on the Wii.

But it is usually the 1st party games that stand out... and Wii has plenty coming out soon, like the other systems (or system, the PS3 is all but finished right now).
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190