Thread: condemned 2 screens and info

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

condemned 2 screens and info

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/adven...hot/index.html

im suprised how much stuff there is on there, given the screens i think it looks like you dont play the same guy, unless hes become a wall crawling crackhead himself.

Super Moderator

UK
    Apparently a movie is in the works.

Let's hope there's a plot to go along with the easier-to-achieve horror of the film.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the thing i hated about the origional was how it was meant to be each individual level was you tracking down a serial killer, with horror elements but they scrapped that idea for a crappy f.e.a.r style make ya jump shocks "stupernatural" story/cop-out.

Super Moderator

UK
    Mmm...a proper serial-killa-stalka type game would be awesome, going to a whole variety of different locations, from scumsville inner city, to residential areas to high class society.

It reminds me of SWAT 4, there was an awesome level where you blast into this suburban house where a serial killer lives with his frail mother. The place is a dump and he's hidden away in his cellar lair that he's dug out from the basement, he's got one girl tied up and another he's taken hostage. In his basement room the walls are covered with newspapers with headlines about his grim deeds, very cool level.

I wish there was a mod or something for SWAT 4 where all the new levels were about tracking down a serial killer - heck a movie like that would likewise be awesome.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    actually there hasnt been any movies like that for a good while ahs there?

Super Moderator

UK
    There's no proper SWAT films at all, and that shiite film "SWAT" doesn't count, because it's utter shiite. A film of SWAT 4, done in that way, would be awesome, focussing on the tactics and the action and the settings...not some ludicrous double-crossing plot that makes no sense.

And aye, we could do with a proper serial killer hunting flick again, Se7en is about the best it's ever been and has been, so we could do with another one, not a cheap copy, but you know...perhaps Condemned will provide at least a taster of that sort of thing...but if it turns out to be another dud adaptation then I wouldn't be shocked.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think the closest thing to a decent swat type film is assault on precinct 13, thecarpenter one, not the remake.

i.e the one thats ,yknow, good.

Super Moderator

UK
    Assault on Precinct 13 isn't a swat film!

There's no SWAT in it, it's a siege film, cops versus gang bangers. Sadly, the closest thing to a proper SWAT film is, well, "SWAT" - and that's sh*t.