Thread: Manhunt 2 out on Halloween.

United States

Manhunt 2 out on Halloween.

Rockstar changed some things and now it has an M rating. We can see it on Halloween.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162299

Manhunt 2 Receives 'M' Rating, Halloween Release
    Rockstar's opus now suitable for release, but at what cost?
    By Andrew Hayward, 08/24/2007

Just as the debate over BioShock's "Little Sisters" (and their subsequent digital deaths) begins to attract mainstream attention, Take-Two's other controversial situation has finally come to an end. Rockstar Games announced today that the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) has awarded an "M" (for Mature) rating to a modified version of Manhunt 2, which will see release in North America on October 31st. The ESRB awarded a rating of "AO" (Adults Only) to the previous version of the game in June, effectively preventing it from reaching store shelves. Even if Sony and Nintendo allowed such titles on their respective systems, massive retailers like Wal-Mart would refuse to stock them.
    "Manhunt 2 is important to us, and we're glad it can finally be appreciated as a gaming experience," said Sam Houser, executive producer and founder of Rockstar Games. "We love the horror genre. Manhunt 2 is a powerful piece of interactive story telling that is a unique video game experience. We think horror fans will love it." Take-Two Chairman Strauss Zelnick added, "Manhunt 2 is an extraordinary game, and we eagerly anticipate its release in North America."

Manhunt 2 has been awarded the following content descriptors from the ESRB: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content and Use of Drugs. No word yet on what has been cut from (or changed in) the modified version of the game, but we'll be following up on the Manhunt 2 saga as the game stalks towards its Halloween release date on Wii, PlayStation 2, and PSP.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Undisclosed
    I wonder what was changed for the M rating...

capncnut
    I'm guessing you can't stalk and strangle women now.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I'm guessing you can't stalk and strangle women now.
    That was in the game? On a similar note, speaking of the game company, Bully will be on the 369 soon.