Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My thoughts on The Zombie Diaries...

Super Moderator

UK
    This movie also shows what some people would do if they knew there wouldn't be any consequences or accountability to their actions.
    That was one of the stand-out things in this film for me. It dared to "go there" (which it certainly did, grim stuff indeed), to show people unleashed as there is no law and order anymore. In itself, that was an interesting concept.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    How does this stack up to GAR's Diary movie.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Can't really compare them.

This has 3 separate stories to GAR's 1 story involving film students documenting the dead coming back to life.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    That was one of the stand-out things in this film for me. It dared to "go there" (which it certainly did, grim stuff indeed), to show people unleashed as there is no law and order anymore. In itself, that was an interesting concept.
    a perfect reason for owning guns and having a shoot first and ask no questions until the smoke clears attitude in this sort of situation. those fu*ks i wouldn't have trusted for a nanosecond and would've had a firearm near at hand every moment.

to a quote the character of julius caesar (in a movie) "i've found the after effects of trust very much like the after effects of too much wine - unpleasant in the extreme."
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

England
    First of all its been a while since i last posted on here, in fact i think TZD was still im prodution at that time, but anyway i have finally got around to watching this film and i have to say some may be dissapointed with my thoughts

Of corse evryone is entitled to an opinoin and everyone has differnt tastes in movies. For me this film was not on par with my expectations. After constantly reading reviews praising the film and hyping it up i led myself to believe i would fall in love with this film. but how i was wrong

Lets start with what i disliked

It was at times too complicated to get to grips with who was in control of the camera, after the first group of guys, it travels forward 1 month i still thought i was watching the same camera man, and throughout the film i was trying to see if i had recognised who the charactures were, which put me off slightly. Also some of the scenes where they were shooting the dead were slightly bland. I prefer seeing hoards heading towards them, say about 20 - 40 zombies instead of 7 dotted about, this to me keeps me on the edge of my seat, as im thinking to myself "how will they be able to shoot this many, will they have enough bullets" etc rather than thinking "its ok that should'nt be too hard to do" but as i said earlier thats what i want in a film and im sure many will dissagree.

These were the majour debatable points i bring up but its not all bad

Some scenes did make me want to pause the film and brace myself. For example the two guy heading up the stairs in the first house looking for that strange noise. As he went to open the first door i couldnt bring myself to watch to see what would happen. I hadnt been on edge that much since watching Signs as a teenager! I was also relieved towards the end of the film that they show how all 3 groups linked together, as i was still confused as to how the story was going to end.

Ok thats my rant over with. Overall i give the film 5.5/10 but as others have also said, its great to see a UK zombie film, and i hope its a stepping stone for more to come

Scott

capncnut
    Whoa, fellow Kent dweller! Nice to see you back, old bean.

United States
    I just pre-ordered my copy today,I can't wait to watch this movie.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Scottyboy! Thanks for your honest feedback. I like reading constructive reviews whether positive or negative, its all good!

A lot of people like the scene going upstairs at the farmhouse. I remember writing this sequence thinking 'this is so simple, but it works'. Other scenes that took a lot longer to write weren't as successful. Keeping it simple worked a treat

Cheers,
    Last edited by hydro; 18-Nov-2008 at 06:05 PM.
    Kevin Gates: Writer & Director - The Zombie Diaries

United States
    who are these clowns???

Undisclosed
    I Liked the Idea, the concept and many other things but truley i can't say im a fan of the film Don't get me wrong its not a bad film and i really enjoyed some points in the film and it did have good Direction but it really wasn't my cup of tea.

Man lives, in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But... there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit.....a DARKSIDE.

-Tales From The Darkside!