Thread: Damn Blue Dragon wasnt rated very well....

Undisclosed

Damn Blue Dragon wasnt rated very well....

And I was really looking forward to it....

From a great developer team.....wierd....

Only rated a 6.0....
    Looks like all I have to look forward to and the only reason Ill have to buy a 360 is Mass Effect

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/...opslot;title;1

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Undisclosed
    Don't let the ratings bother you. I played the demo and enjoyed it. There are a number of games with either bad or mediocore ratings that were very enjoyable. F#ck GameSpot, Game Informer, and all the rest. I will definately buy Blue Dragon down the road.

United States
    I saw that review too, but it didn't sway me, I'll still probably buy it. I think the reviewers were looking for something fresh and new, which Blue Dragon is not. Its a simple, classic Japanese RPG with a light hearted story and traditional characters. Gamespot seems to have given it the lowest score yet. It recieved a 7.9 from IGN, and a 7.5 from GameTrailers.com.

With all these gritty, blood soaked first person shooters and racers occupying my gaming time, a slower paced RPG with Pixar-like art direction is just what the doctor ordered. Not to mention some of the collaborators worked on Chrono Trigger, and the soundtrack is supposed to be excellent.

capncnut
    Indeed, don't let the opinion of one reviewer sway you, it was probably written by some Final Fantasy diehard waving his rattle around. Investigate it yourself. I got a friend who is absolutely RAVING about Blue Dragon at the moment.

Incidentally, one of my all-time favourite games, Shadow of Memories, was only given 3 out of 10 in the Official Xbox Magazine...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    it reminds me of final fnatasy X meets dragonball so it looks right up my alley gaeming wise, im definatley gonna get it.

United States
    I've been playing it for about an hour and a half now, and I think its fantastic. A definite purchase if you're in to Japanese RPGs.