Thread: Wanna read some new Brian Keene?

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

Wanna read some new Brian Keene?

Hey, all. Early next year, I'll be publishing a new novella from Brian Keene, bestselling author of The Rising, City of the Dead, and Dead Sea. Jack's Magic Beans isn't a zombie tale, per se, but it definitely branches from that particular sub-genre. It's also just about the most violent thing Brian has ever written.

You can read the opening scene right here.

You can learn more right here.

Description:

In the blink of an eye, the world goes mad. Brian Keene, bestselling author of The Rising, Ghoul, and Dead Sea, brings you the shocking chronicle of a common day, a common place, a common psychosis consuming everything in its path. Working against time and terror, the survivors must uncover the truth behind their own immunity.

The secret lies in Jack's Magic Beans...

Pre-orders throughout this month only will determine the print run. In short: it's gonna ship sold out. You won't be able to order it after the end of September!

Undisclosed
    If you have not read most of this authors work, please do not read below... I do not want to spol any of your reading experiences.

(And yes, this is a bit of a rant)

My problem with Mr. Keene's work is that most of it has ended in a very futile way.

I know that not every story has a happy endeding ... But how many times can you read "everyone dies in the end" type story and keep coming back for more?

Now I know that is an oversimplification of his story endings... and not ever one is like that (just most) but it is a bone I have to pick with him.

Being with characters through a strugle only to have them fail as if they had not put up any fight at all is not very satisfying.

Where is the hope? Where is the sacrifice for a purpose?

Keep in mind I have not read the above book and I will most likely get around to it.

When all is said and done I think he is a tallented writer ... he just slaps his readers around a bit to much for my taste...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    meh, kinda like another 28 days later novel by the sounds of it, and unforunatley for keene others like moody have allready been there and done that.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

re:

It doesn't have much in common with 28 DAYS LATER, but whatever -- different folks, different tastes.

Who's Moody? Is he a Stoker Award winner who has sold tens of thosands of copies of his novels published by real publishing houses, or is he a guy who self-publishes and gives his stuff away online?
    Last edited by RJ_Sevin; 18-Sep-2007 at 05:25 AM.