Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: totally under the radar or what

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

totally under the radar or what

now when it comes to horror games im usually right on the ball, but this one slipped right past me. obscure by name and nature i guess: http://www.obscure2.com/
    i only found a copy of obscure in gamestation a while back adn havent finished yet but love the whole "shut in a high school/college campus with monsters on the loose" story with teh multiplayer co-op and love how this looks but damn, i didnt even know it was out production stages yet, let alone out on the ps2,pc and wii allready.

europe only though ,sucks to be american i guess, though lately a lot of stuff, like the silver ds forexample, is UK and europe only.
    shame it aint that way with dvd's

capncnut
    The first game wasn't too bad actually, even though they have like 30 copies in the average GameStation store.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just back from ther ein fact, they didnt have any copies on the shelves but i asked for one and got it. (plus the 4 disc return of the king with lost season 1 part 2 free,it was either that or akira, which ive allready got, and whos gonna turn down a free box set) and it looks good, like the first one only set at a uni and the girl who survived the first time whent form the slasher trendy girl to angry goth/emo kid in this one, still more multiplayer killin's are a doin's!

Super Moderator

UK
    How come you keep going into GameStation and coming out better off than when you went in?!

Next thing they'll be giving out BJ's.

Undisclosed

Next thing they'll be giving out BJ's.
    i'm queing up already...

capncnut
    The only suckage I ever got from GameStation was Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon for Xbox.

United Kingdom
    I might get this if it's cheap, since I can't find the AV adaptor to my XBox and The Suffering: TTB isn't compatible with 360.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    The only suckage I ever got from GameStation was Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon for Xbox.
    oh yeah that sucked balls "punch enemy till he drops, move one, repeat for entire game"

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I might get this if it's cheap, since I can't find the AV adaptor to my XBox and The Suffering: TTB isn't compatible with 360.
    it actually hasnt been out to long and still cost me 19.99, but ive seen it on ebay for like 14 qudi buy it now and loads of starting bids of a £1.
    Last edited by Danny; 15-Sep-2007 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    it actually hasnt been out to long and still cost me 19.99, but ive seen it on ebay for like 14 qudi buy it now and loads of starting bids of a £1.
    Well it's on Play.com for £17 so that aint too bad.

United States
    That game looks pretty cool, too bad its not here in the US.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Undisclosed
    Whoop the internet works. Obscure was a horrible horrible game..I tried my best to play it and the case looked intresting enough but I just couldnt handle that everything was a cliche or a streotype. Nothing caught my attention so why why why are they trying again?
    Why arent you laughing?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well i finished obscure a mo' ago, but after playing obscure 2 for about 10 mins, its nothing like the origional, no dodgy camera angles, goes into almost over the shoulder aiming for guns, rotating camera for melee, more intuitive controls, actual inventory system you can pause to use, much better graphics and overall design and its kind of like silent hill 4 meets the first buffy game on the xbox with a little bit of scream thrown in for good measure.

Undisclosed
    Well in that case I shall have to look into putting my wii into some horror. Thanks for the tip.
    Why arent you laughing?

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Anyone know if there is a follow up to dead rising on the 360 in the pipeline?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by cymruambyth View Post
    Anyone know if there is a follow up to dead rising on the 360 in the pipeline?
    I really, really hope so...but there are no official plans at all.

I read somewhere that a sequel was "officially unofficial" or vice-versa...kinda like "oh you know there's gonna be one, but that's all there is to say".

Besides, it only came out last year, so there's gotta be enough time between each to make it worth while. I guess 2009 would be a good year for it...or perhaps 2010...although that's a way off, which sucks, but it'd be better than just having the same game set elsewhere...it's gotta be different enough...but I guess if they can make it different enough, and sooner, then that's the pot-o-gold we're all after.

Dead Rising was awesome by the way, flawed, but still greatness.