Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your favourite line/moment from any of GAR's zombie quadrilogy?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Just watched day last night on el rey and there are so many but I've always thought this among the best:
    Sarah::"have you lost your mind?
    Rhodes: "no ma'am, have you? I just told you I was willing to kill you if you didn't get back in your chair. You didn't get back in your chair."
    Last edited by Mike70; 19-Jul-2014 at 12:16 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Yeh, Day is full of great dialog, much of it delivered beautifully!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    "Now, here you come. Here you come with a whole new set of charts and graphs and records. What you gonna do? Bury them down here with all the other relics of what... once... was? Let me tell you what else. Yeah, I'm gonna tell you what else. You ain't never gonna figure it out, just like they never figured out why the stars are where they're at. It ain't mankind's job to figure that stuff out. So what you're doing is a waste of time, Sarah. And time is all we got left, you know."

Brilliant!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    "Now, here you come. Here you come with a whole new set of charts and graphs and records. What you gonna do? Bury them down here with all the other relics of what... once... was? Let me tell you what else. Yeah, I'm gonna tell you what else. You ain't never gonna figure it out, just like they never figured out why the stars are where they're at. It ain't mankind's job to figure that stuff out. So what you're doing is a waste of time, Sarah. And time is all we got left, you know."

Brilliant!
    That whole conversation was brilliant.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    Just a thought,
    About the whole "Domesticate the Undead" concept. If one could a) Give one's altered/"tamed" zombies some sort of physical advantage over "wild" zombies, and b) "Program" the "tame" zombies in such a way that they themselves could go forth and tame still more zombies, you might have one of the few possible models for reclaiming the world from the undead.

Note: I myself have no clue how one might accomplish this goal in a practical sense, but in the abstract it seems obvious that if the world were overrun with billions of ghouls the only way the remnant of humanity still alive could reclaim the globe would be to use Zombies versus Zombies in order to accomplish mass-extermination.

Just a thought that zipped through my gray matter at 3:14am.
    It's one of those "easier said than done" plans. Logan, despite his best continued efforts to tame the zombies, could not even make "Bub" to stop craving human flesh. He had to "reward" him with it. And "Bub" was the most cooperative subject he came across. So somehow training them to train other zombies to stop behaving like zombies seems like a far fetched thing.

But here is another one that to me looks a bit more plausible, at least based on what we see "Bub" do at the end (i.e. increasingly become a better shot the more he tinkers with the gun): how about training some zombies to use guns on other zombies ("Aim for the head, Bub, aim for the head..." BANG! "That's it! that's it, Bub. Now, here is your REWARD!"), then let them loose in the big populated areas. Since the other zombies won't suspect what's coming to them they will allow the trained assassin zombies near them without attacking them, and the trained zombies are just gonna keep on wasting all the other zombies they come across. Living humans just sit down and relax while they watch the massacre from a safe distance.

United States
    This quote is from Dawn and I think it is an overlooked gem:

Cameraman to Fran after overhearing Stephen tell her to be on the roof: "Go ahead. We'll be off the air by midnight anyway. Emergency networks are taking over. Our responsibility is finished."

The way he says "Our responsibility is finished," ... calmly, with the vacant stare... is perfect. It conveys so many levels of meaning. On the small scale he is calmly of the opinion that the mess is someone else's problem even as the whole studio is in disarray around him. That subtly gives us an indication of how the mess got out of hand in the first place.

But taken to the largest scale it's a commentary on human beings no longer being the dominant species on earth. You could almost read it is, "Our responsibility [as humans] is finished."
    Last edited by Trin; 23-Jul-2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: +a
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

UK
    Trin - aye, I've always loved that "Our responsibility is finished" button to that moment in the film ... very haunting and meaningful.

Ireland
    I've always just thought that that line was a perfect example of shit acting TBH..

As for my favorite line, it has to do with a certain monkey farm, and who was going to be running that particular establishment.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    I think my favorite moment is from day of the dead when they tear that guy apart and his voice gets higher and higher. That was a moment that stuck with me.
    I was in an unfinished zombie movie

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnoftheDead19 View Post
    I think my favorite moment is from day of the dead when they tear that guy apart and his voice gets higher and higher. That was a moment that stuck with me.
    So your favourite line from the films is, "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkk?"
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    No that's my favorite moment. My favorite line is from rhodes:

"CHOKE ON EM! CHOKE ON EM!" Which ironically if you put on closed caption on the anchor bay release of the film, it reads SALAZAR! SALAZAR!.....thought I'd throw that in there.

Ireland
    What?

Salazar...as in Miguel?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnoftheDead19 View Post
    No that's my favorite moment. My favorite line is from rhodes:

"CHOKE ON EM! CHOKE ON EM!" Which ironically if you put on closed caption on the anchor bay release of the film, it reads SALAZAR! SALAZAR!.....thought I'd throw that in there.
    Permission to needlessly post image again

-Carl Sagan

United States
    permission granted.

and yes THAT salazar