Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3:10 to Yuma...no spoilage

United States

Thumbs up 3:10 to Yuma...no spoilage

I'm not a huge western movie fan... but this movie was AWESOME! I thought Ben Foster totally stole the show his performance was just amazing but all around this flick never stopped holding its vice grip on me... I loved it I suggest it for anyone... totally entertaining...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Excellent. I just recently, within the past year, got into westerns and this remake looks pretty damn good to me.

Super Moderator

United States
    I loved 3:10 to Yuma. Though I can't compare it to the original film (yes, for those unaware, this is a remake), I really enjoyed the pace, acting, milieu and attitude of this movie. Not a ton of gunplay, but when they have it, it's... painfully cool.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im a big western fan so ill check this out when ive got some moolah ta' spare.

United States
    christian bale is a top-notch actor, one of the best in the business, and i've always liked westerns, so i'm gonna have to check this out

United States
    I'm trying to ...shall we say... brighten my horizons by watching movies I wouldn't normally check out... was totally upset with Dragon Wars but 3:10 was awesome!
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    My buddy loaned me a copy of the 3:10 To Yuma remake today. I'm torn between watching that or "Crank". Probably going to choose 3:10, though...

Dying

Undisclosed

That's 2 movies Ben Foster stole recently

He was also great in 30 Days of Night, which was actually a pretty good vampire movie. I know its got its detractors, but I dug it. Oh, and don't forget him as Angel in Xmen Last...ok, you CAN forget that one.
    Geo the Giant Killer aka Geophyrd aka me
    http://geophyrd.livejournal.com/

Super Moderator

United States
    Yup, Foster rocked in 3:10.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just (FINALLY) saw this movie and thought it was fookin excellent. I went over to the IMDB page and nearly every single forum user there seems to disagree, calling it a pile of garbage in an abundance of threads.

United States
    I just watch this movie last week.It wasn't that bad.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    it was fookin excellent.
    Hell yeah, it was!

Glad you liked it, man. You can't really pay too much attention to IMDB ranters. They're hardcore people who desperately need to out their opinions, so one has to question their motives and how thoroughly those motives color their opinions. But I know how disheartening it can be to really like a movie and see it getting some heavy bash.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Foster pretty much rocks in everything he is in. If you liked him in 3:10 and 30 Days of Night, I suggest you give Alpha Dog a go. He is awesome in that movie and it is a good flick.

I think 3:10 is a good film, I own the Blu-Gay version of it, I als own 30 Days of Night as well, but when it comes to Westerns, I love my fill, and I own quite a few... Just waiting for the HD releases of the original Spaghetti Westerns, and when it comes to westerns, Clint is the ****ing man.

However, I don't know if you would personally qualify this as a western, but There Will Be Blood is another great flick.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    However, I don't know if you would personally qualify this as a western, but There Will Be Blood is another great flick.

Ah! I just recently watch this. AWESOME flick. Can't wait to see it again.

And now I finally know what people are talking about with that whole "I drink your milkshake" thing.

As for 3:10, I've watched bits of it but have yet to sit down and give it a good watch. And the dvd has actually been in my "to be watched" stack for many months.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Foster pretty much rocks in everything he is in. If you liked him in 3:10 and 30 Days of Night, I suggest you give Alpha Dog a go. He is awesome in that movie and it is a good flick.

I think 3:10 is a good film, I own the Blu-Gay version of it, I als own 30 Days of Night as well, but when it comes to Westerns, I love my fill, and I own quite a few... Just waiting for the HD releases of the original Spaghetti Westerns, and when it comes to westerns, Clint is the ****ing man.

Yeah, Ben Foster is an incredible actor. I saw Alpha Dog and he was every bit as good in that as I found him to be in 3:10 and 30 Days.

Funny that you suggest There Will Be Blood, because I also picked that up and will probably give a viewing today or tomorrow.