Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2040 - your predictions

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    What's the definition of roman? If a gallic soldier served in the roman army for several years, you'd consider him roman, not gallic. When looking back at the romans, you don't go through the papers and sort out all the legionaires who didn't have pure roman genes.
    Same can be said about the mongolian armies of Ghengis Khan not all of them were mongoloian in fact many were japenese and chinese. also the largest (to this day) fleet of war ships were Japenese back in the 14th century mmmm...

Super Moderator

UK
    And of course the thing with immigration is also quite simple - we simply don't have the space, nor the resources to deal with them. It's a simple fact that must be accepted, we can hardly afford to help anymore immigrants as we're so swamped with people on this island as it is (the official 60 millionth person in Britain was born this week - "official" of course, which means there's gotta be about 62 million in the UK by now, on this pokey little island?!).

It's like that South Park episode "goo backs from the future", it made a good point, you must limit it and you can't help everyone, because you'll end up making the host country worse off than it was.

And what's with all this politically correct need to be completely "multicultural"?! What's wrong with the French being in France, the Germans being in Germany, the Romanians being in Romania and so on. As long as you aren't racist about it then that's fine. You can have multiculturalism, but that means you're losing individual identities. It's a damn shame already that you can't wave the English or even British flag for fear of being labelled a racist pig, I mean wtf is that all about?!

That's the problem with Britain, a bunch of sated "let someone else do it" types that are too distracted by TV to notice the, not even clever, spin the gubment is putting out there to cover up their complete incompetence. A bunch of people so afraid of speaking up for themselves for the fear of being chastised. You'd never see America giving up its patriotism (watched Armageddon last night, damn that movie is drowning in patriotism).

Of course, we're not totally devoid of such emotion, the Queen's recent 50th year on the big red seat proved that in spades, and then you've got bloody Darth Brown telling us we should be more patriotic ... erm, excuse me, it's HIS bloody gubment that has continued to force us not to love our country or support it or even care for it. Shocking.

*ack* I'm getting all ranty, so I'll shaddup now.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dommm
    Same can be said about the mongolian armies of Ghengis Khan not all of them were mongoloian in fact many were japenese and chinese. also the largest (to this day) fleet of war ships were Japenese back in the 14th century mmmm...
    There were no japanese in the mongolian hordes, but I get your point. I think you're referring to korean, though. During the mongol invasion of japan, the koreans were employed to a great success using a phalanx like formation. But since they were heavily outnumbered they had to retreat.

Then the mongols arrived again with the largest fleet ever! (It was mongol, not japanese) Surely this meant the end for the japanese shogunate! But wouldn't you know it, the kamikaze storm came along and wiped the entire fleet out. Talk about bad luck...

United Kingdom
    maybe it was the Koreans that made up part of the mongul empire. but pretty sure it was the japenese fleet over 4 thousand ships pretty immense considering the size of the island.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    And of course the thing with immigration is also quite simple - we simply don't have the space, nor the resources to deal with them. It's a simple fact that must be accepted, we can hardly afford to help anymore immigrants as we're so swamped with people on this island as it is (the official 60 millionth person in Britain was born this week - "official" of course, which means there's gotta be about 62 million in the UK by now, on this pokey little island?!).

It's like that South Park episode "goo backs from the future", it made a good point, you must limit it and you can't help everyone, because you'll end up making the host country worse off than it was.

And what's with all this politically correct need to be completely "multicultural"?! What's wrong with the French being in France, the Germans being in Germany, the Romanians being in Romania and so on. As long as you aren't racist about it then that's fine. You can have multiculturalism, but that means you're losing individual identities. It's a damn shame already that you can't wave the English or even British flag for fear of being labelled a racist pig, I mean wtf is that all about?!

That's the problem with Britain, a bunch of sated "let someone else do it" types that are too distracted by TV to notice the, not even clever, spin the gubment is putting out there to cover up their complete incompetence. A bunch of people so afraid of speaking up for themselves for the fear of being chastised. You'd never see America giving up its patriotism (watched Armageddon last night, damn that movie is drowning in patriotism).

Of course, we're not totally devoid of such emotion, the Queen's recent 50th year on the big red seat proved that in spades, and then you've got bloody Darth Brown telling us we should be more patriotic ... erm, excuse me, it's HIS bloody gubment that has continued to force us not to love our country or support it or even care for it. Shocking.

*ack* I'm getting all ranty, so I'll shaddup now.

See below note about purity of races, there is no such thing as a pure race, and personnally i believe royalty is a god awful waste of the tax payers money. I agree with the fact that we are soon going to have a problem with the work force, well actully we already are. I also believe that we shouldnt have to support everyone as this will tax our own resources. And why shouldnt the flag be waved with pride, after all I consider myself British, I use the health system pay my taxes, work daily and beyond and am proud of my heritage as a british born Asian. The Uk gave me oppertunities that I amy have not gotten in other countries down to personal cicumstance that would not have allowed to me in my 'home' country. I come from a family that immigrated from Africa in the 70's and all of my family used the education system and became good tax paying members of society, I dont see the problem with allowing that into the country. What I do believe is wrong that

1. People trafficking, this turns honest hardworking people into abused and damaging members of society.

2. People not having proper background checks when allowed into the country these are potential killers rapists, murderers, etc...

I also think that racism is a label that is to quickly attached to people rather then a understanding view of what they are trying to say, often puts people that would not be racist but feel the points they are trying to put across as being ignored and thus vote for the misguided and potentially damaging BNP. But hey this is all personal opionion.

Also what about the chavvy council estate breeder that taxes the benifits system and keep reproducing??
    Last edited by Dommm; 25-Aug-2006 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dommm
    maybe it was the Koreans that made up part of the mongul empire. but pretty sure it was the japenese fleet over 4 thousand ships pretty immense considering the size of the island.
    No, you're thinking about the Mongol fleet. The Japanese never really had any ambition to leave their island whatsoever. They were more or less isolated from the rest of the world in most ways. Maybe you're thinking about the failed Japanese invasion of Korea, where the japanese fleet was utterly crushed by the Korean fleet (The Koreans had like 13 ships against the japanese 135 and still the koreans won big time).

But the Japanese never really amassed a fleet of 4 thousand ships.

There's Admiral Yi. He was the commander of the Korean fleet during the Japanese invasion of Korea. I find no mention anywhere about a japanese fleet of 4,000 ships. That's probably the mongol fleet your thinking off. The japanese did have 1,000 ships in the invasion of Korea (altough this might be a very inflatuated number) but since the koreans had Admiral Yi on their side, the japanese didn't stand a chance. He fought over 20 battles against them and didn't loose a single one.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 25-Aug-2006 at 12:58 PM.

United Kingdom
    perhaps it is time i dusted off the books i may be getting my facts mixed up. mmmm....