Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: -wait, now sony IS making a dualshock 3 to replace the sixaxis copntroller

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

-wait, now sony IS making a dualshock 3 to replace the sixaxis copntroller

geez, slightly hpocritical from "we have no interest in rumble, its outdated" pr spewing sony eh? http://kotaku.com/gaming/breaking/so...ble-301715.php
    So ps3 owners expect the dual shock 3 to come out in europe in some months, though if the rumours of sony abandoning the sixaxis are true then theres a few games that needed motion sensor to work that may have to downgrade there graphics and get on the wii.
    and ive said it before adn ill say it again, im stilll playing my ps2 every day (damn ff12 is addictive) but a week doesnt go by without an article on a game site about another sony screw up, least this time its just eating there own "innovation -and totally not stole from nintendo" words this time and brining back the good old dual shock.

just fix those friggin' annoying L2/R2 buttons and then your getting somewere, if it aint broke dont fix it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ug I hate those shoulder buttons on the Sony controllers. I totally dig the triggers for SexBox. The additional shoulder buttons - but only the two of them - work on the 360, but having four of them and no triggers, ug, too wrong-feeling, and it never felt at the right angle either whenever I played a PS.

Anyway, Sony should really learn to just shut up and never-say-never, because if you do, you usually end up eating your words, chubby-chaser style.

Undisclosed
    Yeah Ive never been a fan of the Sony controllers....
    For all the systems that they have had Ive always found them a bit uncomfortable especially in games that nearlly all the buttons are used.

The first Xbox controllers were too big....but when I finally bought that first Xbox they had shrunk the size of them....the smaller ones I loved....they fit so nice in my hands and I felt like I could access all the buttons with ease (exception being those little black and white buttons but those usually had less immediately important in game functions)....The small Xbox controllers were my new favorite controllers, old ones being Dreamcast (though I would like to see VMU's again)....
    The new Xbox controllers in the same spirit are very nice....

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States

still on the fence....

like hellsing, i still rock the ps2. i've got an hdtv, though, and am planning on upgrading to a next-gen system.

the only reason i could see myself going to xbox is dead-rising, which now i hear may be coming to ps3. i just don't like the controllers, and none of their exclusive games appeal to me that much.

i'm a big fan of the wii, though, from the times i've played it...plus they are about to make "zombies ate my neighbors" available to download for the wii, so that's a plus.

i've always been a fan of the playstation, and i really like their controllers. plus all my games from ps1 that i still play (symphony of the night, re 1&2, spider-man, abe's odyssey, etc) and all my ps2 faves (metal gear 3, battlefront 2, guitar hero, gta san andreas, tony hawk 4) would be compatible with the new system. however, the high price and lack of forthcoming games is a bit of a turn-off.

so, i'm on the fence, like i said. guess i'll just have to wait a few months and see what happens (price drops, new games)

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    the only reason i could see myself going to xbox is dead-rising, and none of their exclusive games appeal to me that much.

What about Mass Effect!!.....Its already getting great preliminary reviews

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/...&mode=previews

Damn the game looks soooo sweet.....

I dont have an Xbox360 but I am going to buy one for this game....

Jeeze its sooo awsome looking....Its just sooo epic looking!!

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Super Moderator

UK
    And ... *ahem* ... Alan Wake, sure to be one of the most awesome games of ALL TIME, coming in a few months.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    like hellsing, i still rock the ps2. i've got an hdtv, though, and am planning on upgrading to a next-gen system.

the only reason i could see myself going to xbox is dead-rising, which now i hear may be coming to ps3. i just don't like the controllers, and none of their exclusive games appeal to me that much.
    Dead Rising 2 is coming to PS3. I have one, so that'l be cool.

You've got red on you...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And ... *ahem* ... Alan Wake, sure to be one of the most awesome games of ALL TIME, coming in a few months.
    Why is it that that UK will have it in March, but it's still TBA for the US?....

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    because were awesome.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    because were awesome.
    Beat me to it. Ol' Gatesy said to the developers, "Give it to the Brits first 'cos they're pucker mate!"

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, Billy Gates said "they're boshty-as-fook!" (to quote Tricky)

Ah mate I can't wait, Alan Wake and GTA4 within the same time arena...duuuuude.

Undisclosed
    They should have left rumble in to begin with. And yes, the L2 & R2 bottoms suck. They are even easier to accidental hit.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah but according to sony "rumbles outdated and in the past" remember.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    yeah but according to sony "rumbles outdated and in the past" remember.
    Yet, Nintendo and Microsoft still use it. If it is not broke then don't fix it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Viva La Rumble. I can dig it.

Also, I prefer triggers & buttons combo like on the Xbox, two sets of buttons is problematic, at least that's what I've found. Plus, triggers are better for racing games, like finger-sized pedals...or for shootahz - actual triggers, muahahaaaa.