Thread: 1st Still Photo From My Remake Of "Halloween"!!

Undisclosed

1st Still Photo From My Remake Of "Halloween"!!

I love it. Tell me what u think.

Today was first day of shooting and the rough cut is looking good. Im extremely happy.

United States
    picture looks kinda dark...i'm guessing this is the scene where the shape pins the guy to the wall with a knife. you should have picked up a better mask, though, that one looks like a cheapie they used in halloween 4 or 5.

if you don't mind my asking, what inspired you to remake halloween? i'm a huge fan of the original, though i thoroughly enjoyed rob zombie's take on the character of michael myers.

i'm not the type of person who throws a fit over remakes, but i'm kind scratchin' my head here, buddy....did you hate rz's halloween? got a new twist for the story? just wanna pay respect to one of the greatest thriller films ever made?

what are you planning on doing with this remake of yours?

Undisclosed
    well, really... i guess i just wanted to do something fun and scary for halloween. rob's version really got me interested in doing my own version. i just wanna do something fun basically. im not trying to be better than the original or make a "re-imagining". im just saying "hey, halloween's right around the corner. lets take advantage of it and shoot a halloween movie". all the decorations and such are great production value.

i was gonna get a william shatner mask and make it up, but i really liked the mask we used. plus, where the hell can i find a william shatner mask these days? lol.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ...huh?

why would you remake a film thats just getting a remake being released this month everywere but the u.s?

Undisclosed
    why not? im not trying to go worldwide or nothing. its just for fun and basically to entertain anyone who wants to watch it.

United States

check this site out, if you haven't already...

http://www.ohmb.net/index.php

pretty sweet link, lots of fellow halloween fans, plus you can find some pretty killer masks, but be prepared to pay through the nose for a real good one.

i used to have a mask, but times got tough when i was a young unemployed broke bloke dealin' dope, so i sold it for a few bucks...wish i still had it. i liked the mask in the rz's version, but the best mask is definitely the one used in the original. the mask from 2 was okay, but once 4,5,6,H20, resurrection rolled around, the masks sucked ass, (along with the story)

you should do an extended remake and do halloween 1 and 2 in one movie...i was hoping rz would've done that, it'd been awesome, if done right.

how are you planning to release this? will it be out for halloween for viewing by a select few *ahem* fellow halloween/dead maniacs?

if you're gonna do it, do it right...do this film justice and don't drag it through the mud. good luck.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 21-Sep-2007 at 06:53 AM.

Undisclosed
    well, i love the film and im gonna work my ass off with what little i have to do john carpenter proud.

btw, i think another big reason why i really got inspired to do this is because i like in hopkinsville, ky and john carpenter was raised and went to college in bowling green, ky which is only like an hour away from me. not to mention, i read that the idea of michael myers came from a visit john took to western state hospital which is located in hopkinsville. (Which is where I also set a scene in my film). so, i feel i come from an area that really holds the roots of halloween. even the moentioning of towns like russellville and hardin county come from this area. so, that REALLY intrigued me.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Just do what you feel is right, and make sure it is what you want while staying true to the franchise.

That is all that matters
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed

Re

Cool......Fan Films Kick Ass.....I've seen some pretty decent HALLOWEEN/FRIDAY THE 13TH ones.