Thread: bonds wont be back in 2008

Chasing Prey

Canada

bonds wont be back in 2008

ok so the san francisco giants need to go to hell and not come back for their latest stint. barry bonds made them MILLIONS of dollars every 2 to 3 days and the way they say "thank you" is to not renew his deal for next year? something tells me if someone not black would have broken the all time homerun record,that they'd try to lock the guy up in a contract for all eternity. anyone who thinks different needs to wake up.

you see how they treated mcgwire when he broke the single season HR record. treated him like a god,sold his homerun ball for millions. and then after he retired they dogged him. but apparently if you hit the all time amount of HR's,which is something NO one in our age bracket has seen,you get lambasted and ridiculed for it. fickle public wonders why athletes have chips on their shoulders.

HGH or not,he can hit a ball and you have to be able to hit a ball regardless of how big your muscles are.

can you believe congress right now is on capitol hill saying "steroids makes you hit more home runs" ?

if thats the case,then how come jose canseco,mark mcgwire and every other juice head hasnt broken the all time record by now?

HGH and roids are no different that a greasy pitcher using sandpaper or spit on a ball. its "cheating" as they say. i didnt know that taking HGH was illegal really. its prime basis just like andro was to help restore tissue faster in terms of coming back from injury faster or just recovering faster from running the bases.

some of these morons on capitol hill need to play 162+ games a year and see if they can go through it while taking absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by acealive1; 22-Sep-2007 at 06:27 AM.

United States
    i really don't think it's anything to do with the color of bonds' skin, but the fact that he's a jerk...he's never been very popular with fans.

my brother caught griffey jr's 500th hr ball and decided to give it back, so my whole family (except for myself, i was in north carolina) got to meet him (along with the rest of the reds and cardinals that day-father's day 2004), and they all said he was very cool, really down to earth. they came out with all kinds of autographed goodies, and my brother got numerous tickets to all kinds games at both st. louis and cincinnati. then to top it all off, he got to take 3 guests along with him to houston to attend the all-star game that year, meet all the players, round trip tickets there and back, hotel stay, etc. very cool indeed. my brother probably could have sold that ball for close to $100k , but knowing that griffey was a good dude, he decided to see if he could meet him, and it paid off.

why is the guy who is now in control of barry bonds' 756th ball taking votes over the internet about what he should do with it? he's either gonna a) give it to the hall of fame, b) put a big asterisk on it, or c) blast it off into space.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3024303

bonds is the type of guy who thinks he walks on water, and people don't really like that...especially when they go to the ballpark and have to pay 8 bucks per beer to help to pay the players' multi-million dollar per year salary. and how much do you think that bonds' was asking for next year? and how much time would he actually play? he's not exactly in his prime.

obviously, like the majority of the american public, you think that bonds most likely did do some sort of performance-enhancing drug, right? either way, do you honestly think he could have gotten that many hr's without 'em? i think it's safe to say that although steroids don't give you the ability and hand-eye coordination to hit a homerun, they can definitely boost your muscles to make you hit MORE.

my vote is to blast the ball and bonds (along with all the other meat-head synthetic-strength morons like canseco, mcguire, sosa, giambi, etc) out into space for fu*kin up the image of the best sport in the world.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 22-Sep-2007 at 07:33 AM.

Kazakhstan
    lol whatever man, for a moment i thought you meant the bond franchise had been cancelled
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

capncnut
    It's funny that, 'cos I was thinking the exact same thing.

Dying

Undisclosed
    I don't blame Bonds for using steroids. The league encouraged it by not testing for them and these guys are always looking for a competitive edge.
    But I just can't get over the size of his freaking head. I'll be amazed if he ends up living into his sixties.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by major jay View Post
    But I just can't get over the size of his freaking head. I'll be amazed if he ends up living into his sixties.

been watching rush hour 3 much? hahaaha

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    something tells me if someone not black would have broken the all time homerun record,that they'd try to lock the guy up in a contract for all eternity. anyone who thinks different needs to wake up.

can you believe congress right now is on capitol hill saying "steroids makes you hit more home runs" ?
    What about HANK AARON????? If im not mistaken he is also black.
    I think it has more to do with him being a major asshole to everyone including his teamates.

And,Apparently Bonds was into Growth Hormones. Thats why his Head is bigger and he increased like 4 or 5 shoesizes in his 30s.

McGuier was more "aw shucks" thats why he got a nice treatment.

Just becasue Bonds is black doesnt make ANY of the critisisms invalid. Should we act like he isnt a cheater becasue he's black? Thats paternalistic and patronizing, and frankly, a colonial attitude.

Giambi and Sosa both hit WAY less after the steroid testing ans hrunk too. Bonds didnt shrink becasue of the Growth hormones

Bonds sucks. I dont like any cheaters
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers