Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Halo 3 review

Super Moderator

United States
    Don't care about reviews. at this point. It should be a fun multiplayer experience (like ots predecessors) and that's all I want out of it.

I should be playing this with friends this Friday evening.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    I played the multiplayer on Halo 3 today at the frat house. And watched co-op on the campaign mode. Not too bad. Looks better than the 1st 2 games.

capncnut
    I finished the game yesterday so now I'm starting the trilogy from scratch. I know, how sad is that?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^ tell that to my brother hes done it twice and nothing else for the last 2 days

berk.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I really want to get Halo 3....but i still haven't convinced myself to pay the ridiculous price when I know that it will be in the $20 bin in about a month...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    exactly why i havent bought a game for the current generatio of consoles new, the prices are bollox, 50 quid for games that may be as short as 4 hours long? -pfft!, not bloody likely.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    exactly why i havent bought a game for the current generatio of consoles new, the prices are bollox, 50 quid for games that may be as short as 4 hours long? -pfft!, not bloody likely.
    Yeah. And this game should go to the "platinum series" pretty fast considering that during the first day of release in the states i heard they sold about 1.5 million copies....

I hope I can eventually get the special edition with the poster and the Master Chief helmet holding case. That would be great to have sitting on top of the tv....

Undisclosed
    Yeah, games are as expensive now as they were during the 16-bit era. Actually the 16-bit games were a bit higher. $50-$70. I was so relieved during the PS1 days when games were under $50.

Super Moderator

UK
    I remember Sonic 3 on the Mega Drive cost £45 ... feckin' hell ... back in the early-to-mid-1990s.

Get your ass on Play.com, all new SexBox games are £39.99 - snorted.

It's hard to compare really, back in the day it took less to give us the same boost we get from games today, are we getting more today, or are we getting the same, or perhaps less?

I say the same in the end, because it takes more to provide the same boost...at least for people who have been gaming for a good while, gaming n00bs will be spunking in their cotton frillies with the likes of GoW and R6V and so on...

United States
    Whats with this whining about high game prices? Why even bother buying a $400 console if you're not going to pony up $60 for its biggest game? Halo 3 is easily the most content-packed piece of software I've played. You get 4 player campaign. A million multiplayer options. The Forge utility so that you can make your own multiplayer games. Saved films for both single and multiplayer. Rankings. Downloadable content.

You know its worth it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, yeah, I know. But that's what the internet is for....a place to whine and bitch.

I was just making the point that I can wait a month or so and then get it for less than half it's original price.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Whats with this whining about high game prices? Why even bother buying a $400 console if you're not going to pony up $60 for its biggest game? Halo 3 is easily the most content-packed piece of software I've played. You get 4 player campaign. A million multiplayer options. The Forge utility so that you can make your own multiplayer games. Saved films for both single and multiplayer. Rankings. Downloadable content.

You know its worth it.
    okay. you named halo 3, and?

The point is even after "ponying up" the amount for the console, the idea of paying 50 quid, thats 100 dollars for a game i can complete ,in kameos case, in 3hours and 15 minutes, or in house 3's case 15 minutes to finish the game, 50 quid is just obscene for such a short amount of entertainement, you could buy dvds 4 for a tenner adn get about 40 hours of entertainement for the same price, so yeah 50 quid is bollox in general, whilst there may be the odd game like oblivion wich IS worth the price you have the likes of tomb raider legend or perfect dark zero which are a one sitting form beginning to end deal which i just will not pay the brand new price for.
    The last games i bought new were dead rising, elite beat agents, and guitar hero 2 and all of which lasted ages, but there the only full price games ive bought since the xbox launch.

United States
    I just don't understand why you'd invest in an expensive piece of hardware and not treat yourself to a new game here and there. I suppose if you don't have enough income to support your hobby, but otherwise, I just don't get it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What you don't get about my reasoning is why do I need to have the game immediately when it's released? I can wait a month and get it cheaper. It's not because of low income.....it's just saving money.

If you're in a store and you see two different sodas that you like evenly, but one is half the price of the other, which one are you going to get?

United States
    I'm not saying to buy every you want upon its release date, but with special cases like Halo 3, Mass Effect, Guitar Hero III, or what have you, exceptions can be made based on how much you're anticipating the title. I'm sure another factor is also how high videogames rank on peoples "want" lists, and that other material things take precedence. I'm a gamer through and through, so I'm probably on another wavelength, and my priorities would seem out of wack to the average consumer.