Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: First Halo 3 review

capncnut
    Halo 3 is definitely the best of the three. That said, I finished H1 last night (doing the trilogy, y'see) and enjoyed every minute of it. Truth & Reconcilliation has to be one of the best levels in an FPS game, full stop.

United States
    Took this picture while viewing a saved film. You don't f*ck around with a Spartan Laser

United Kingdom
    Oh man I wanna play this online so much! Why oh why is my router not compatible with ONLY Halo 3!?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    anyone found any easter eggs yet, so far ive found a giant ticket or...soemthing and ran into church and caboose from red vs blue argueng about forgeting a password in the base.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    F*CK. You guys weren't kidding. I've been playing this game basically all weekend. Friggin awesome....

United States
    Glad you're enjoying it bassman. I've still yet to beat the campaign, I just got to level 7 on legendary. Multiplayer keeps drawing me back. I had a great game of Infection on High Ground last night; running away from zombies with swords is as fun as it is chaotic

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Oh man I wanna play this online so much! Why oh why is my router not compatible with ONLY Halo 3!?
    Is your nat open?
    Test your connection through the system/settings blade.
    If you have the option, put the 360 IP in the DMZ (uPnP setting) on your router.

Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it bassman. I've still yet to beat the campaign, I just got to level 7 on legendary. Multiplayer keeps drawing me back. I had a great game of Infection on High Ground last night; running away from zombies with swords is as fun as it is chaotic

Now that the COD4 beta has ended, i've given this more of a chance online and i must admit it, it is GREAT fun. Just had to change my online shooter style and it clicked. Enjoying it greatly.

I've gone through the Legendary campaign on 4 player co-op and it has been probably THE greatest gaming session i've ever had.
    Sublime game. Believe the hype.
    Last edited by kidgloves; 02-Oct-2007 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Is your nat open?
    Test your connection through the system/settings blade.
    If you have the option, put the 360 IP in the DMZ (uPnP setting) on your router.
    I tested my connection and no my NAT is moderate, I don't really understand the rest of what you said though...

My router isn't on the official list of ones that are XBox Live compatible, whether that should really make a difference...
    Last edited by Craig; 02-Oct-2007 at 09:26 PM.

England
    I tested my connection and no my NAT is moderate, I don't really understand the rest of what you said though...

My router isn't on the official list of ones that are XBox Live compatible, whether that should really make a difference...
    Do a search.
    Google your routers model no with xbox live and open NAT. You should find step by step instructions.
    If you can play other games on live, there is no reason why you cannot play Halo 3. I had similar problems with Halo 3 until i managed to open my routers NAT for xbox live.
    Failing all of the above, just plug the connection straight into the 360
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    You may have to open some ports up on your router to play it. Contact Microsoft and they may be able to help.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Canada
    oh and one more thing-

the marketing this game has gotten is nothing short of fantastic. The way they make it out to be real, and to have happened, with the live action shorts, and especially the figurine/model one make me want to play the **** outta the game.

i can't tell you how many times i've watched the believe in a hero commercials for this.

Super Moderator

United States
    Got to play this last weekend...flippin' beautiful and great fun with friends!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Craig, let us know if any of the suggestions worked. You've gotta experience this baby on Live.