Thread: Well, I'm finally on YouTube...

Super Moderator

UK

Well, I'm finally on YouTube...

Just finished uploading a bunch of videos to YouTube, so for those that don't already know, you can check out some of my stuff online properly now, at the video streaming site.

www.youtube.com/ZombieWagon

I've uploaded a bunch of videos, currently going from 2005 through 2007. Each film is dated in the synopsis section too.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    "zombiewagon"?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    "zombiewagon"?
    Yeah? So...

You already added me as a 'Tube friend, didn't you notice before.

Just another name I came up with for a Top Gear forum I had to register for to see certain parts, no not sex parts...sheesh.

Anyway, just another name innit.

capncnut
    Yeah, but ZombieWagon?

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh christ, big picture folks - the point being I'm on YouTube now, at last.

And it's a wagon...for zombies...sounds better than ZombieVWpassat

Like I said, was my username for a top gear website, being about cars, and me liking zombies, I combined the two, doi...

United States
    So how do you go about getting vids online anyway?

I've never really fooled with it before. I have some digital video footage that I would like to upload someday, but if it is several gigs, no one would be able to download it for a week!

I know you have to go about changing the size/resolution and compressing and the like, but exactly how do you do this? Say if one were using Adobe Premiere Pro or Sony Vegas? Can you change this in those programs and save as a MPEG or AVI file to upload? I figure you should save it around 300 x 256 size? (I haven't used Premiere in a long time and I only fooled around with Vegas for a few minutes, so any help would be appreciated.)

Is there any freeware programs I can use?

Thanks!

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the best to use is put the video in windows movie maker and save it for a pocket pc or something so it goes from like 75mbs to 13mbs for exmaple, loks crap in windows media player but go onto your youtube account page and select upload video and it will upload it fast adn plays smooth without getting compressed to work as a flash video.

Super Moderator

UK
    I rendered mine out as WMVs using either Sony Vegas or Pinnacle Studio at either 7-something-something or 320 (or is it 340kb/s?)...man my memory sucks this morning.

Anyway, for YouTube each video can be no larger than 100mb and no longer than 10 minutes, so I've had to break some things up.

Otherwise, sign up to YouTube, upload your vids, fiddle with the settings, nuff said.

A WMV hanging in at anywhere under 30mb is good enough quality for YouTube I'd say...not too large so people don't have to wait forever, and not so small that it looks like ass in the YouTube window.