Thread: yeah baby!, red ring of death!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

yeah baby!, red ring of death!

So i plugged in my 360 just to charge my controller so i could play halo 3 co-op with my brother, and rather than jsut not work the disc drive i get the red ring of death, why yay?

FREE REPAIR BABY!,i aint payin' no 100 bucks to get it fixed.

shame i got rid of all my 360 games but kameo, but still, good news is good news huh?, 'specially since ive lost about 4 months of my live subscription.

Undisclosed
    Welcome to the club. I got my red ring worm of death last month. It was perfect timing, too.

United States
    You should have just lied to the Xbox representative in the first place, its not like they check your 360. My friends broke down about a month ago without the red rings, he lied and got a brand new one today.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Im just glad ill be able to play it again, though it meant i got a lot of time playing a backlist of ps2 games id been meaning to play for yonks, shame i got rid of all my 20 odd 360 games cept for kameo, granted i got a good white psp with 5 games and some movies from that and right now there all 2 for 30 so i reckon theyll have more than jsut 3 of the ones ive gotta buy back in the 2 for 20 sale.

United States
    Congratulations on the free fix. I think any repairs needed on something that expensive should be free the first 2 years anway, but that's me speaking as a consumer who is tired of having expensive game systems break on him.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    this is the first one for me, and 4 days out of the warranty

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    this is the first one for me, and 4 days out of the warranty
    But it should still be free right? Cos you've had your 360 for what, a year and didn't have the extended warranty, but the new MS thing they did extends that to 3 anyway right? So you should be fine.

I bought the extended warranty, so does that mean I'm now covered for 5 years, or that I wasted 50 quid (not my fault, paid up before that MS thing had even been thought of by MS)...anyway, I'm at least good till May 2010.

capncnut
    Dear MZ, you paid for the extended warranty when? Before or after Peter Moore's announcement? I got an Elite 360 recently and it had one of those promo cards in ("pay us £50 and get an extra three years cover") but when I called Microsoft I was told to ignore that as it was 'old promotional literature' and that I have a full three years at no additional cost.

I think you just spunked a bullseye down the drain.

Super Moderator

UK
    I got it way before the announcement, I got my Xbox mid-May 2007 and got the extended warranty again weeks before the announcement got made. I was already several games deep at that stage, so I didn't spunk any drains in the bullseye...or whatever...yeah.