Thread: Sometimes I drive through the country.....

United States

Sometimes I drive through the country.....

.....And I come across interesting things - Thought I'd share what I found this morning - WAAAAAY out in the middle of this abandoned hay field - (OH, the first one is Your's Truly )

United States
    smashed up combines are pretty cool

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States

they kinda reminded me.....

Quote Originally Posted by erisi236
    smashed up combines are pretty cool
    ...of what it would look like if farmers had been attacked by zombies; YEARS ago, (in the future, of course).

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    ...of what it would look like if farmers had been attacked by zombies; YEARS ago, (in the future, of course).
    Well, numbers would be a factor, but were I the farmer I think I'd try running over the walking dead first, and see just how much damage that does.

M_

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Welcome to my world...

Everywhere around here I can find stuff like that in the middle of fields and such. I've found several spots that have torn up planes thrown into a pile. They look almost like they crashed and nobody messed with it(although any moron can tell you they didn't crash). It still looks pretty cool, either way.

My neighbor likes to go around and find the old style Ford Tractors and rebuild them. You would be surprised how often you can find something that's sitting in the middle of a field for no purpose around here.

United States

well,.....

Quote Originally Posted by Marie
    Well, numbers would be a factor, but were I the farmer I think I'd try running over the walking dead first, and see just how much damage that does.

M_
    These farmers would be located outside of Kansas City, so,....they would have probably been listening to sports radio as the Royals lost,.....again; therefore, being taken unaware

Super Moderator

UK
    I love coming across stuff like that out in the middle of nowhere, or hidden in amongst a bunch of other crap.

Not quite as "hidden", but when I was out finding a good location to shoot "my NIGHTMARE" with my lead actor, Knox, he showed me in the barn next door some of the old cars that were sitting in there rusting.

The coolest one was a Buick Riviera (like in "Due South"), it was once black - but is now totally covered in rust - and has a cream interior. Having never seen an American car in real life I was shocked at just how BIG the damn thing was, he "popped the hood", as you Yanks say, and damn that was a big-arse engine! It was quite strange to see this huge, decrepit American car out in the middle of the countryside near the Welsh border. I got some footage of it somewhere...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    I love coming across stuff like that out in the middle of nowhere, or hidden in amongst a bunch of other crap.

Not quite as "hidden", but when I was out finding a good location to shoot "my NIGHTMARE" with my lead actor, Knox, he showed me in the barn next door some of the old cars that were sitting in there rusting.

The coolest one was a Buick Riviera (like in "Due South"), it was once black - but is now totally covered in rust - and has a cream interior. Having never seen an American car in real life I was shocked at just how BIG the damn thing was, he "popped the hood", as you Yanks say, and damn that was a big-arse engine! It was quite strange to see this huge, decrepit American car out in the middle of the countryside near the Welsh border. I got some footage of it somewhere...

Man, I smell a story to be written about that car.

I get in my car when the weather is nice and roam the country roads for hundreds of miles looking for hidden, forgotten treasures like that -

I found this old abandoned house waaaaaaaay out in the middle of nowhere - lost in the southwest corner of the state of Kansas -

Super Moderator

UK
    Now that's got "The Hills Have Eyes" written all over it, that'd be a kick ass place to film - wish there were such places around these parts...but I'm not too keen to go tramping around farmland since when I was about 10 - me and my mate were off creating a den in the woods near a farm and just when we had it in pretty cool shape we were coming out and then we hear this faint hollering. Then a slight bang and the sound of something scattering in the treeline - the nutter was shooting at us! lol. That's when I learned farmers are allowed by law to own shotguns in this country...and they shoot at 'trespassers' - mind you, a million dog walkers go in and out of that area everyday...guess the guy hates kids, ha!

United States
    it's funny when you live on the coast for so long, that if you go out in the middle of this country you relize it's both huge and pretty devoid of human life.

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."