Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought Gamecube and some RE games

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Just bought Gamecube and some RE games

Early this afternoon I bought a Gamecube, a huge memory card, Resident Evil 0, and Resident Evil 4 all for $90. I haven't even played RE 4 yet because for about 8 hours I was just fixated on RE 0. What a great game!!! I hear RE 4 is even better.

I'm probably not going to get much sleep tonight.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    geez i got a dreamcast, memory cards, two controllers and 15 games for £65....
    dunno about over there but cubes are only worh 25 quid around here, the only reason it isnt more is becuase the games are all stll like 25 each, which is bollox, but yeah anyway, resi 0 rocks butmost people dont like it, thoug thats mostly on the "wow, the odds of tw mansions full of zombies a mile apart are so liekly huh?".

ViP

United States
    Good move playing Zero first. The control scheme, and level loading is so much better on Part 4 that you wouldn't have been able to play Zero after experiencing it. I beat Part 4 and then tried to go to Zero and couldn't get into it, watching all of those stairs and doors opening. You'll see what I mean in a week or two,have fun.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm real tempted to dig into RE4 tonight. Maybe I will just hold off until I beat 0. After all, I am already on the 2nd disc...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah zero is pretty short, that was another problem, i saved up my paper route money to buy it way back when and was pissed that later that evening i got the ending screen, though 4 aint much longer other than the fact the maps are bigger.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I just played 4 for about a half hour and got the shiv scared out of me at least 7 or 8 times. Wow. A game hasn't done that to me since... ever? Not that frequently, at least.

Undisclosed
    Let me know when you get to the sewers. Its the best part. Oh yeah, turn the volume up and play it at night with the lights out.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    are you on about the bug bit?, everyone says to me "oh that was so scary", yeah right!, just stand still with the shotgun raised and when an "invisible" creature AKA 3 glowing green eyes head towards you shoot in that general direction till they all die, simple as.

Undisclosed
    I am mainly refering to the background noise during the whole sewer scene.

United States
    i remember the basement kitchen scene in re1 on ps1. i got to that area really late at night, like 2am or so, and was the only one awake at the house. the music and mood of that scene creeped me out so bad i went around and turned on half the lights in the house to reassure myself that i was safe at home instead of some roach infested bloodsmeared kitchen in the basement of some isolated mansion full of living dead scientists.....creepy.

btw, i'd hold off on re4, as axlish said, cuz after that, you won't be able to play re0...

have you thought about picking up the REmake? that's worth the dough. i'd skip 0 and go straight to the REmake.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The RE games were pretty much the only reason I picked up the Gamecube. I'm not sure what other games to get once I've collected all of the RE's. Can you guys recommend some? Does the GC have other good horror titles? And don't tell me Luigi's Mansion.

Undisclosed
    Nonhorror, Paper Mario 2, 2 Zelda games, Fire Emblem, 1st 2 Metroid Prime games, Mario Kart, and others I can't think of right now.

Here's another. Tales of Symphonia. Its a great rpg for the money with lots of hours. Even an Evil Dead homage.
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 08-Oct-2007 at 08:17 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    eternal darkness, sanitys requiem, a hp lovecraft inspired survival horror thats not ****!, yeah i was surprised to but its a classic.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    eternal darkness, sanitys requiem, a hp lovecraft inspired survival horror thats not ****!, yeah i was surprised to but its a classic.
    Damn, I was lookin at that yesterday in the store but the graphics turned me off. No, I don't judge games on their graphics but when I want a survival horror I want it to look dirty, gritty, and dark... and the screenshots on the back of that game were just too clean cut and colorful looking for my tastes. Although, I'll take your word for it and eventually pick it up.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    dude. it rocks, you play about 12 characters over the span of 2000 years following the dark history of the roivas family, from a roman centruion, to a persian treasure hunter to modern day fire fighters and like 1800's doctors and stuff, the games basically the same 5 locations but they change over time, one tim you may be at an abbey to stop a plot to kill charlemane, the next its 1939 and the same abbey is now a WWII hospital nd patients have been dissapparing in the night, its great stuff.