View Poll Results: is GTA the best in video game soundtracks?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 77.78%
  • No

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GTA music

Chasing Prey

Canada

GTA music

is the grand theft auto grandchise(not a typo) starting after 3 the best in video game music?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nope, youve got the likes of obscure, silent hill, metal gear, final fantasy and loads more which are origional fantastic compositions, the gta series jsut takes songs from the time and puts the ones they can get the rights to in the game, not to say i dont enjoy running over fat guys in hawaian shirts to "video killed the radio star", but ill stick with the likes of akira yamoaka anyday.

plus theres allways guitar hero 1 and 2 of course.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    is the grand theft auto grandchise(not a typo) starting after 3 the best in video game music?
    After 3? I thought the soundtrack for 3 was pretty awesome.

United States
    For "real" music, GTA is the best, as far as I'm concerned. Well, depending on the game. I love the Vice City soundtrack, but there's nothing on Liberty City Stories I like.

As far as music made specifically for the games goes, I'll take Final Fantasy (especially VI and VII).

United States
    i'd say yeah, as far as soundtracks go...there's really no original music on these games, but the music they include is always great. can't recall how many different artists/songs i've discovered thanks to rockstar.

and how about all those talk-radio programs and dj's? farking hilarious.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that one in vice city witht eh presnter "amy" allways got me, with the likes of "thor" as guests

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i'd say yeah, as far as soundtracks go...there's really no original music on these games

they made a whoel disc of original music for san andreas........ that lil song u hear when the game is loading is by dj pooh

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    they made a whoel disc of original music for san andreas........ that lil song u hear when the game is loading is by dj pooh
    well, i was talking about the music on the radio stations. but yeah, i realize that the song that plays during the loading sequence is original...used to have it as a ringtone on my old phone.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    lol, i had the pheonix wright theme on mine

United States
    I have Super Mario Bros. as a ringtone and then an orchestrated The Legend of Zelda theme that I made with a ringtone program.

As for GTA, yeah, they have really good soundtracks even though they are not original. I voted yes, but then was reminded of the Guitar Hero franchise by Hellsing and want to change my vote.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    my vote goes for guitar hero 2 in particular, its got something for everyone.

United States
    i think that the gta series outdoes the guitar hero series, especially when it comes to variety...look at all the stations on gta san andreas: master sounds, k-rose, radio los santos, etc.

as much as i enjoy the guitar hero games, they are mainly using rock songs, so that's where i see the flaw there. not that songs like paint it black, one, mother, and the likes you'll find on the gh series aren't amazing, but the gta series brings a lot more to the table.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    well, i was talking about the music on the radio stations. but yeah, i realize that the song that plays during the loading sequence is original...used to have it as a ringtone on my old phone.
    true,point taken. if ya put it like that then yea ur right.but thats why i dont like libert city stories. they tried to skimp on the songs,and no one bought the damn thing. they then realized the music was a great deal of the reason people bought the game

United States
    yeah, i had both lcs and vcs. but i ended up selling them both. i sold lcs because the music was terrible, and vcs was a pretty crappy story.

but i think the real reason i got rid of both of those games was because after pimpin, robbin, rompin, stompin, fightin, fu(kin, etc with cj and his abilities (climbing fences especially) it was just way to constricting to have to play as either of the bozo characters in either vcs or lcs. they both moved like they belonged in a gar flick....i mean, c'mon it's a four foot tall fence...jump the motherfu(ker!!!!

i realize that some of this is due to hardware limitations for the psp, but i really think rockstar could've made an attempt to bring some of the awesome features of gta san andreas to either lcs or vcs. both seemed like such a huge step backwards...

capncnut
    There ain't nothing like hijacking a truck that's playing Foghat's Slow Ride and then obliterating everything in your path.