Thread: VERY uncalled for and STUPID

Chasing Prey

Canada

VERY uncalled for and STUPID

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3060571

yea... like someone at a prestigeous college like penn state would actually have to rape anyone. plus she came home with him WILLINGLY from a club...........i dont know about u but if u go with the person willingly from a club at 3am.........

i was a bouncer for a LONG time and never had anyone file rape charges for going home with someone. at most you'd have a bruised ego if the person left before u woke up

Super Moderator

United States
    Date rape is a contentious issue and for good reason. Anyone can claim, after the fact, that it was rape, and of course, plenty of actual rapes do occur.

I don't think, however, that it's "nothing" or a non-issue. Rape claims NEED to be investigated. I don't care if she went home with the whole team at 3am in the morning, she says 'no' and it all stops, otherwise it's rape. Period. End of story.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Date rape is a contentious issue and for good reason. Anyone can claim, after the fact, that it was rape, and of course, plenty of actual rapes do occur.

I don't think, however, that it's "nothing" or a non-issue. Rape claims NEED to be investigated. I don't care if she went home with the whole team at 3am in the morning, she says 'no' and it all stops, otherwise it's rape. Period. End of story.
    we saw what happened last time some girl hollered rape.....

with that said,u dont go home with someone at 3am wanting to "talk"

work at a night club popular with college kids before u make this judgment. people act differently than they say

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3060571

yea... like someone at a prestigeous college like penn state would actually have to rape anyone. plus she came home with him WILLINGLY from a club...........i dont know about u but if u go with the person willingly from a club at 3am
    If you go willingly to a friend's home should you expect them to have sex with you? Remind me to never visit you Okay?

There's only one reason to have sex, and that's because BOTH of you want to.

"As with the case with any sexual assault, we consider it a matter adjudicated by the court, and we can't get into details at this point," university spokeswoman Lisa Powers said."

It'll be decided in court. And for the record, no means no.

M_
    "I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence." William F. Buckley, Jr.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    If you go willingly to a friend's home should you expect them to have sex with you? Remind me to never visit you Okay?

There's only one reason to have sex, and that's because BOTH of you want to.

"As with the case with any sexual assault, we consider it a matter adjudicated by the court, and we can't get into details at this point," university spokeswoman Lisa Powers said."

It'll be decided in court. And for the record, no means no.

M_

point being that what you just said makes no sense. you took what i said out of context. leave a bar with someone u didnt come there with and im sure you two will be spending the next 18 years together

Super Moderator

United States

work at a night club popular with college kids before u make this judgment. people act differently than they say
    Ok, perhaps I should...I will if you spend some time volunteering at a rape crisis center before you make your judgment on this matter.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Ok, perhaps I should...I will if you spend some time volunteering at a rape crisis center before you make your judgment on this matter.

so ur saying all of those women were 100% raped? yea...so was the duke university stripper. most all of the guys i worked with as a bouncer were cops off duty. the sheer number of "false rapes" reported in town was astronomical as they put it. something like 2,000 reported just this past summer and only 25 went to trial....gee i wonder why
    Last edited by acealive1; 12-Oct-2007 at 11:15 PM.

United States
    something like 2,000 reported just this past summer and only 25 went to trial....gee i wonder why
    MAYBE.... the lawyer advised them of their chances of getting a conviction. And the chances that every little thing in their background would be shown in the worst possible light?

Oh, and BTW, I don't hang around in bars. I prefer conversation with males in full possession of their faculties. That way I can pretty much tell which head they're thinking with.

No means NO!, No matter how many drinks.

M_
    "I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence." William F. Buckley, Jr.

Undisclosed
    Hey, I have question. Why is it that whenever 2 drunken people of opposite genders have sex that the man is always the bad guy? WTF?!

Kazakhstan
    why on earth would someone from a prestigious college be less likely to rape someone?

or did i read it wrong?
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Why is it that whenever 2 drunken people of opposite genders have sex that the man is always the bad guy? WTF?!
    I don't know. I have sex with women fairly regularly and neither of the parties end up being a bad guy.

Maybe men are just more likely to use physicality as a coercive measure...yeah, I'm pretty sure that may have something to do with it

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    why on earth would someone from a prestigious college be less likely to rape someone?

or did i read it wrong?

its not that but someone saw dollar signs

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Hey, I have question. Why is it that whenever 2 drunken people of opposite genders have sex that the man is always the bad guy? WTF?!

the same goes for when domestic abuse happens,the guy is always blamed........even though he's the one that got shot or pushed down stairs
    Last edited by acealive1; 13-Oct-2007 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Norway
    yea... like someone at a prestigeous college like penn state would actually have to rape anyone.
    Rapists rape because they like to not because they cant have sex any other way. (Exeption for severely retarded or brain damaged persons). There is no school you can go to, any family to come from, any uniform you can wear, any cause you can pledge yourself too, any religion or skin colour you can have that places you above suspicion. In fact crime follows opportunity and if there were a social norm that some group or another would be seen as above suspicion then that group would be flooded with criminals trying to get into an situation where they could indulge themselves without fear of retaliation.
    plus she came home with him WILLINGLY from a club...........i dont know about u but if u go with the person willingly from a club at 3am.........
    I do know. And what I know is that no means no even if she changed her mind at the last second.

United States
    the same goes for when domestic abuse happens,the guy is always blamed........even though he's the one that got shot or pushed down stairs
    You obviously haven't watched COPS... I've watched the female (deservedly) get carried away quite a few times. On several occasions BOTH went to the pokey too.

M_

Chasing Prey

Canada
    UPDATE:

BELLEFONTE, Pa. -- Suspended Penn State tailback Austin Scott pleaded not guilty Wednesday and was ordered to stand trial on felony rape and sexual-assault charges.

At a preliminary hearing, Judge Daniel Hoffman also upheld several misdemeanor charges. Prosecutors withdrew two felony charges of aggravated indecent assault against the 22-year-old Scott because of a lack of evidence.

uh oh......looks like they figured out if u charge someone without evidence that it might get them in trouble. Duke lacrosse team anyone?