Thread: Deadscapes II Now Available On DVD!

ViP

Undisclosed

Exclamation Deadscapes II Now Available On DVD!

It's been a long and UNbroken road (pun intended). The Halloween release date has been forgone by 2 weeks. DEADSCAPES II is now officially available on DVD! Get your copy today! Of course I'd like to thank anyone and everyone who took part in or showed support for this project. Where studios may have budgets to keep films together, people are the glue that bond independent projects ... and I certainly didn't have the former on this one! It took me a year of pre-production (including a few script re-writes and b-roll photography) and 4 days of shooting to complete DEADSCAPES II. At 35 minutes, I hope this short film will entertain horror and zombie fans as well as those with an appreciation for independent filmmaking.

Kristofer Velasquez
    Writer / Director

Synopsis:
    A killer walks the streets of a suburban neighborhood. On a cold Fall evening near Halloween, he randomly chooses his next victims. A knock on the door precedes another grizzly murder in a spree which has blanketed the area with fear in rcent weeks. But tonight, things take a more sinister and strange turn for the worse as the moon rises. The recently dead have been returning to life and attacking the living. With no explaination for these morbid situations, the news media scramble to make coherent reports to accurately inform the public. As civil unrest peaks, it's business as usual for Carl, the murderous stranger who makes house calls.

Meanwhile, Lisa leaves work for home where her younger sister is housesitting for her. Unbeknownst to her, chaos is unfolding everywhere including her destination. Her journey is permeated by reports of the nights events. By the time she arrives home, the panic has reached an all time high as she encounters Carl. Now both have had a brush with death that defies logic and reason. The blood spilled to this point is merely a trickle compared to the horror that awaits them. As the walking dead begin infesting the streets, Lisa is faced with death at every turn. Carl is no exception to this as this tale escalates and the shocking conclusion unfolds.

DEADSCAPES II is the second installment in the short film series by Kristofer Velasquez. In yet another no-budget indie production, the zombies are taking over as the living must deal with horrors not only outside but between each other.

DVD SPECS:
    Format: NTSC
    Region: All Regions
    Aspect: Full Screen
    Feature Running Time: 35 Minutes

SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL
    - Directory Commentary
    - Trailer
    - Outtakes
    - "Behind The Scenes" featurette
    - "Headshots" featurette
    - Storyboards
    - News Sequence
    - Pics from the set

NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD!

Special Note: If you represent a film review site or film festival, you may be entitled to a free DVD screener. Please contact me if you are interested.

Last edited by Cereval; 14-Oct-2007 at 03:28 PM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Gonna have to get in on this once the postal strikes here in the UK are finished, damn Unions!

Cool stuff!

capncnut
    Indeed, I'll be right behind you MZ.

Undisclosed
    I enjoyed the hell out of the first one. I'm ordering my copy of "II" today!!

ViP

Undisclosed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Pus View Post
    I enjoyed the hell out of the first one. I'm ordering my copy of "II" today!!
    I hope you're not disappointed! Comparatively, I'm almost embarrassed of the first one so hopefully that's a good sign you'll like this one!

Undisclosed
    I thought you presented your ideas very well in the first "Deadscapes" Cereval. I could tell right off you were a fan of the genre and that's really what it's all about now, isn't it? Just from seeing the trailer I know you've grown as a filmmaker. I'll be reviewing "II" on "Library of the Living Dead" and I'm sure it will be a glowing review. I do so support independent filmmakers such as yourself.

capncnut
    I thought you presented your ideas very well in the first "Deadscapes" Cereval.
    Couldn't agree with you more, the first Deadscapes was the biggety. All hail RV boy!

ViP

Undisclosed
    I thought you presented your ideas very well in the first "Deadscapes" Cereval. I could tell right off you were a fan of the genre and that's really what it's all about now, isn't it? Just from seeing the trailer I know you've grown as a filmmaker. I'll be reviewing "II" on "Library of the Living Dead" and I'm sure it will be a glowing review. I do so support independent filmmakers such as yourself.
    These are encouraging words and I appreciate them. Feel free to post your feedback here when it's ready, I look forward to hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more, the first Deadscapes was the biggety. All hail RV boy!
    Thanks! Surprisingly, a lot of people hated RV boy (for the wrong reasons, of course).