Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: second grader does what?!?

Chasing Prey

Canada

second grader does what?!?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071020/...ing_suspension

ok,we have more important things going on than this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    now thats just paranoid, are they thinking "oh ****, this is another ****in' columbine aiting to happen or something?", there is a limit to the this kind fo stuff, i mean drawing a stick figure with a gun, the kid could have just seen a movie with one in or somethign ,hell anything, kids use imagination ynow?, shame the people doing the suspending and enforcing nutty rules forget that each students unique and you gota treat them that way, not jump to conclusions.

"Kyle drew other pictures, including a skateboarder, King Tut, a ghost, a tree and a Cyclops" - what'll they penalize him with for drawing them d'ya reckon?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    i used to draw police cars with guns on them as a kid and never got in trouble

Undisclosed
    I once got in trouble in kindergarten because I drew a bunch of naked people on a test...and then tried to erase them (but you could still totally see everything)....Let me tell you the nun was not happy (I went to Catholic school as a child)...

Also as a kid I drew tons of violent pictures...people getting ripped apart ...guns...violence galore....but back then no one cared if a kid drew violent stuff...

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    Dummies! Dummies!!!! Dummies!!!!!

Zero-tolerance has got to be the worst shortcut through thinking ever!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Dummies! Dummies!!!! Dummies!!!!!

Zero-tolerance has got to be the worst shortcut through thinking ever!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    i used to draw police cars with guns on them as a kid and never got in trouble
    dude i drew so many ghosts and weird castles and coffins and **** youd think i would have turned out to be afull blown goth when i grew up, they never batted an eye, the only time i ever saw somethign like this happen was in year 4 when we were making book marks and some kid drew what we didnt know then was a disturbingly realistic depiction of a man and a woman doing the monster mash

Super Moderator

UK
    I spent a lot of time drawing cars with guns on them, also apartment buildings burning down (a la "Batteries Not Included), then moved on to Terminators, Aliens and people shooting each other with limbs flying everywhere, blood, guts and all sorts...then zombies eating people.

I'd be certifiable by the decision of those loonies.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    surely its less of a warning sign if the kids not hiding these pictures with a zeal.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Kyle drew other pictures, including a skateboarder, King Tut, a ghost, a tree and a Cyclops, the newspaper reported.
    WOW! PUT IT ON THE SIX O'CLOCK NEWS!

England
    The term "PC gone mad" applies here...absolutely bloody insane.

"Zero tolerance" should focus on mugging, raping, murdering, robbing etc...not childrens imagination...

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    The term "PC gone mad" applies here...absolutely bloody insane.

"Zero tolerance" should focus on mugging, raping, murdering, robbing etc...not childrens imagination...
    The point is, more often than not, it focusus on the people who DEFEND themselves against mugging, raping, murdering, robbing etc.

The schools seem to be trying to alter the essential nature of little boys. Researchers once did an experment where they gave little boys dolls to play with, the boys promptly bent the dolls into a ninety degree angle, started pointing them at each other and yelling "BANG".

Get over it, we're a predator species, we'll never be peaceful grasseaters. Best we can hope for is that we can teach them to be (mostly) law abiding.
    (BTW, we're doing a crappy job of that too.)

M_
    "I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence." William F. Buckley, Jr.

England
    Marie, I know a woman who gave her little boy a few dolls out of curiosity...she told me (quite proudly) the first thing he did was have them square up and start fighting...he did that because he was a little boy, not a little girl.

You are totally correct in everything you write BTW, we are a predator species and we are a pretty violent bunch when the thin veneer of civilisation is peeled away...we didn't reach the top of the food chain by being passive daisy pickers.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    The point is, more often than not, it focusus on the people who DEFEND themselves against mugging, raping, murdering, robbing etc.

The schools seem to be trying to alter the essential nature of little boys. Researchers once did an experment where they gave little boys dolls to play with, the boys promptly bent the dolls into a ninety degree angle, started pointing them at each other and yelling "BANG".

Get over it, we're a predator species, we'll never be peaceful grasseaters. Best we can hope for is that we can teach them to be (mostly) law abiding.
    (BTW, we're doing a crappy job of that too.)

M_
    Marie Rules!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Man, I would have been expelled if I went there, my friends and I used to pass around pictures and each drawn in a stealth bomber, a tank or whatever other type of war machine we wanted to draw and then at the end of the day we had a full blown picture of a war, complete with Cobra being blown up by G.I. Joe guys.

This is an example of people going overboard and leaving common sense behind.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190