View Poll Results: Which you dislike more?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Night of the living Dead 3D

20 80.00%
  • Dawn of the Dead Remake

5 20.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which do you all dislike more.

United States

Which do you all dislike more.

Heh heh! Since lot of people dislike them alot. I want to know which is more disliked.

United States
    It would be the shock of a lifetime if Dawn '04 won this one.

Really, Dawn '04 is good for a popcorn action flick.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    yeah dawn04 for all of its myriad flaws is a fooking masterpiece beside the 3d remake of night.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    I voted Yawn04 - unsurprisingly.

Night3D was always going to be utter gash, but Yawn04 thinks it's good, but it's just sh*te.

I would go into all the arguments, but I've done so many times, give it a forum search to see my specifics.

And no, despite the name-rape of it all, even if it wasn't called Dawn of the Dead, I'd still consider it to be a sh*te movie.

Undisclosed
    I knew NotLD 3D was going to be bad but it was terrible. So I did not care for it much at all and it wins.

The Dawn of the Dead remake does not touch the original but it is a decent zombie action film if you can ignore the title. There are many flaws with it, of course, and I could rant about those for a while, but at the same time I think its alright. I get a little annoyed about people saying certain things about the movie, like it started the running zombies thing and how original it was, but people are stupid. What are you going to do?

Undisclosed
    I knew NotLD 3D was going to be bad but it was terrible. So I did not care for it much at all and it wins.

The Dawn of the Dead remake does not touch the original but it is a decent zombie action film if you can ignore the title. There are many flaws with it, of course, and I could rant about those for a while, but at the same time I think its alright. I get a little annoyed about people saying certain things about the movie, like it started the running zombies thing and how original it was, but people are stupid. What are you going to do?

capncnut
    Yawn 04 by a long shot. At least Night 3D didn't try to hide the fact that it's 'below par'.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    but Yawn04 thinks it's good, but it's just sh*te.
    Maybe because it is a good film......for the audience of today of course. I tell you man people praise Dawn '04 like some masterpiece. Which IMO it isn't a bad film, but a masterpiece? What's worst people are saying that defeats every other Romero film...... WTF? I agree that it defiantly beats Land, but in no way defeats the original Night, Dawn and Day and Romero's other non-dead flicks.

I still blame the audience.....I mean its like they want something to blow up every 5 mins and nothing, but non-stop action.....which I admit I was like that to.....but yeah some people watching 28 Day later were even like "Where are the explosions"?

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I would go into all the arguments, but I've done so many times, give it a forum search to see my specifics.
    Which threads would you recommend?
    Last edited by Doc; 03-Feb-2008 at 09:01 PM.

United States
    i chose night 3d, but was wondering: where's the inclusion of day of the dead 2008? that movie is gonna be terrible!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i chose night 3d, but was wondering: where's the inclusion of day of the dead 2008? that movie is gonna be terrible!
    1. It hasn't released yet
    2. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that film will flop
    3. Now thats not fair! it would be winning by land slide right now if I'd put it.

United States
    I swear to god

The credibility of the members of this forum sometimes amuses me

Disliking DAWN 04 over NIGHT 3D ?

There are more UNDEAD DUDS on this circuit than gems and DAWN 04 is a rarity; popcorn perhaps and not too be taken with any seriousness, but then again, who takes DAWN 78 or any other good dead film seriously ?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    but then again, who takes DAWN 78 or any other good dead film seriously ?
    Here's one...

*looks around and waits for others*

I take Romeros films seriously that is.

Super Moderator

UK
    Mutineer - shockingly, people have varying opinions.

Bassman -
    here's another one

I think many of the members here take Romero's films seriously, otherwise why would we be bothered to show up on a forum and website dedicated to them and get into long-winded discussions about them?

I mean for crying out loud, there was a discussion recently concerning money where we listed the practicalities of a new currency over the existing dollar!

United States
    Having an opinion is always the best way out of the argument for someone who can't justify the reasoning no matter how subjective.

Likeing LAND over DAWN 04 is subjective even though I can't see it, but liking NIGHT 3D over DAWN 04 is just mind boggling. You have classic (Night and Dawn and Day), Popcorn (Dawn 04, 28 Days Later) and then there is ****e:

NIGHT 3D, DAY Remake, The Return sequels released last year ....

-

I take the DEAD films as serious as I do any other film, but always laughed at the 'social commentary genius' critics have showered o nROmero's films.

They're horror films. There isn't anything terribly deep about them even if the subject matter is adult and serious in some nature. DAWN taking place in a mall suddenly became 'American Consumerism' created by Romero.

No. It took place in a mall.

Ah well. Film is coll in what we get out of it and what it means. I just cannot fathom anyone liking NIGHT 3D over DAWN 04.

It just seems to convenient and premeditated at times.

-

I have always stood by the fact that Romero simply made a horror film that became a Cult Classic. That's about it. There isn't anything deep about the films. It's not like Schindler's or 2001.

Sigh ........................

To further clarify

I too take the dead films seriously, but only in a sense that they're like an RPG. I never personally played any RPG's but I look at dead films like the ultimate Fanstasy nightmare scenario; that and my fascination with end times stories.

Apacalyptic tales spark my imagination, the what ifs ...

And personally, I find the DEAD genre the best of the horror bunch.
    Last edited by Mutineer; 04-Feb-2008 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah...Romero's films are horror. But he turns the horror into common things that everyone does/sees/uses. The zombies aren't the only horror aspect to his films. In fact, they're the least horrifying aspect of his films.

The real horror is human reactions and relations.

And to say that the social commentary is accidental is....well....you must be blind.

And on a side note...I voted for Dawn04 because it's the only one i've seen and as stated before, I've heard that NOTLD3D doesn't try to take itself seriously like Dawn04 does. I doubt I'll ever see NOTLD3D, anyway...

I don't see that many dead films outside of Romero's so the only two that come to mind that are the worst are Return of the Living Dead and Dawn04. Dawn04 has it's merits in the action department but lacks in everything else. Even though ROTLD doesn't take itself seriously, it still makes me throw up in my mouth alittle.
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Feb-2008 at 03:10 PM.