Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: A Question of Remakes

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    A "cult film" is a film that attracts a small but devoted group of fans, usually failing to achieve considerable success outside that group.

John Carpenter has attained a level of mainstream success way too large for him to be classified simply as a cult director, although he's made a couple of films that might very well be in that category.

Personally, I think he hit his peak in the early 80s, and I haven't enjoyed anything from him in a long, long time.
    yeah but theres also films like napolean dynamite that get called cult following by the studios to try and lure people in.

Undisclosed

Running zombies are old hat

Nightmare City had runing zombies (Circa1980) It still makes me laugh every time i see it. But it obviously inspired Danny Boyle to rob it almost as much as Snyder plagiarised 28 days. (yes i know, neither film contains living dead, they contain infected or irradiated folk). Don't get me wrong, i think Dawn '04 is fun. Just very simple fun. I must say i also enjoy watching Nightmare City. The script, acting, dialogue, dubing and special effects suck but it still manages to be more watchable than many zombie films. I know some on here disliked Land but what other half-decent zombie films have we had since Day Of The Dead?