Thread: MZ's post-Halloween round up...

Super Moderator

UK

MZ's post-Halloween round up...

Part 1 - Dawn of the Dead, Euro Cut:

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2007/11...-round-up.html

Part 2 - SAW IV:

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2007/11...up-part-2.html

Once again my blogging balls are blogged out of blog juice.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm surprised you've watched all the Saw films. After seeing the trailer for Saw 2, I vowed to never watch them. The first one is fun, though.

And please tell me that this isn't the first time you've seen the European cut of Dawn?

Super Moderator

UK
    I've seen the Euro Cut before, but only once, and with the cast commentary on.

I've seen the theatrical cut once, with commentary...and the extended cut about 25 times without any commentaries.

You can see which version I like best, eh?

It's tough for me to watch Dawn and not watch the extended cut, it's just so f*cking good!

You should really judge a film properly by itself, rather than by the trailer...I initially rolled my eyes at 40 Year Old Virgin because the trailer made it look like some cheap-ass American Pie rip off ... but what a retard I was at that moment, because it ended up being an awesome film and introducing me to a talented bunch of people who have gone on to keep being awesome filmmakers.

Mind you, SAW II is nowhere in the same league as 40YOV, mainly because SAW II isn't that good, but SAW III, while disgusting, is better than SAW II, but SAW I is still the best and yes, it was awesome.

Seriously, you should at least check out 2 and 3, they're increasingly gross-er, but 3 is actually pretty good...still not as good as the first, but you know.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Well..the trailer wasn't the only reason I didn't see it. I had alot of people tell me that it sucked. And those were people that have the same tastes as me. I might check it out if it's ever on TV but i'll definitely never pay to see it.

The main thing that made me not want to see it was that the trailer gave away the basic ending. The girl from The Blob is the one on the inside. Was I supposed to forget that she says all that "he helped me" sh*t in the first movie?

Anyway...like I said, if I ever come across it, I'll check it out. And yeah....I agree with you on which cut of Dawn is the best.

Super Moderator

UK
    *high five* for extended cut - BAM!

Definitely check out SAW II and III when you can, or *ahem* acquire them *ahem*.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Definitely check out SAW II and III when you can, or *ahem* acquire them *ahem*.
    Why, what ever do you mean by that?

Honestly, I don't feel like they would be worth the time to acquire...

Super Moderator

UK
    If you liked the first one I think it's worth it, especially the third which is superior to 2, but you need to see both so it all makes sense.