Thread: Yes, you too can be a crackhead !!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Exclamation Yes, you too can be a crackhead !!

Do you like the exciting rush of smoking crack cocaine, but tire of the constant trips to seedy alleys to cop? Duke University professor Zach Rosenthal has just the solution for you. He has created a crack-smoking simulator to allow you to enjoy crack without leaving your house. Word is there is even a glass-pipe attachment for your Wiimote.

...Oh, wait. The point of the simulator isn't to glamorize drug use, it's to cure addicts of their addiction.

"What we're trying to do is take people into a virtual crack-related neighborhood or crack-related setting and have them experience cravings, just like they would in the real world," Rosenthal said. Then the addict doesn't do crack in the game, his craving subsides, and somehow, the lack of virtual crack smoking makes crack-heads not want to do crack in real life.

The scientists plan to attach a signal, like a tone, to the feeling of crack not being smoked, so addicts can call a phone number, hear that special tone, and be like, "No more crack for me!"

We don't get it either, but we would like to suggest World of Warcraft as a crack substitute. Sure it's a worse addiction in a lot of ways, but you don't have to do dirty things to Bob Saget for your WOW fix.

If it's true about the crack pipe peripheral then the end is truly near my friends. I don't know whether to be horrified or laugh my ass off about this story.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall...3819621&page=1
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Well either way its trying to have good intentions but a part of me is saying "WTF???"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It definitely sounds like some sort of spoof from a late night comedy show.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"